[Possible Deadlock?] different downloaders bug

Bug reports and enhancement requests
behnk

[Possible Deadlock?] different downloaders bug

Post by behnk »

First of all, i want to thank you for your flashgot and noscript addons.
I use flashgot 1.3.1 and Firefox 3.6.21.
i set DownThemAll! addon as default download manager in flashgot settings. As default media downloader i set browser built-in. But if i try to download video from youtube by clicking flashgot media button in status panel, it doesn't work. But if i set Browser built-in as default downloader or i change media downloader to DTA, it works correctly. In other words, if default downloader and media downloader are not the same, media downloading doesn't work. Please fix this bug!
And sorry for my english
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.2.21) Gecko/20110830 Firefox/3.6.21
therube
Ambassador

Re: different downloaders bug

Post by therube »

It's more general then that.

Browser Built In is not working on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spzsr9sE ... deos_music.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20110830 Firefox/6.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.3.1
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

No, that's not it.

What is happening is that ... not sure?
Is there a conflict?

Is the download waiting to be filled from the cache before it registers any part of the download?
Is youtube running like crap at the moment?

Initially when I looked at this a second time, it seemed as if there was a conflict.
Download manager waiting for cache to fill, & youtube not wanting to play back (hardly).
Cause when I closed the youtube window, then the download started coming down - at a speedy pace.
Then I reopened the clip on youtube, & it appeared that the download then pretty much stopped at that point?

But then, now, youtube is running like crap, & the download is not coming down at a normal pace regardless?

So?

Code: Select all

v 1.3.1
=====================================================
+ Restored downloading media from cache on Gecko 2
  and above (it needs caching as file to be forced
  for plugin streams, you can disable it by setting
  the flashgot.media.forceCacheAsFile about:config
  preference to false)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20110830 Firefox/6.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.3.1
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Could FlashGot be breaking things, your browser?

Coincidence?
<therube_agone> something seems to have caused my (current) browsing sesssion (profile) to stop responding to network IO. have a suspicion it is related to FlashGot? try to load or refresh a page, & nothing but "spinning", no IO at all. open a different session & it responds as expected.
<therube_agone> error console shows nothing. & it is not like pages are timing out, just endless spinning, resulting in nothing.
<therube_agone> & i am online (in the browser)
<therube_agone> things to look at or try while i have the session open?
<therube_agone> kind of like the DNS resolver disappeared (in this session)
<therube_agone> open a tab & try to open "www.yahoo999.com" & the status bar shows "Looking up http://www.yahoo999.com... the progress bar goes 1/2 way, but that's it.
<therube_agone> i'm going to ask Giorgio if something didn't break ...
therube
Ambassador

Re: [Possible Deadlock?] different downloaders bug

Post by therube »

In my dead session, neither http: nor https: work, but ftp: & irc: do as does file: & about:.
Clearing disk cache & "Minimize memory usage" (about:memory) made no difference.