RFE: "Revoke this page's temporary permissions" *Per Tab*

Bug reports and enhancement requests
computerfreaker

RFE: "Revoke this page's temporary permissions" *Per Tab*

Post by computerfreaker »

Hi!

First, I'm a big fan of NoScript and I won't browse anywhere without it. Keep up the great work!

I'd like to request a new feature: "Revoke this page's temporary permissions".
I frequently have to temp-allow certain pages as part of school assignments; although I'm forced to temp-allow these sites, there's no way I'm going to give them permanent permissions.
Because I multitask, I often have several pages - with temp-allow privs - open. "Revoke temporary permissions" revokes all temporary permissions, which has caused me a bit of chaos more than once... so currently, the only way to revoke a site's temp permissions is to go into NoScript -> Options -> Whitelist and delete the site's entry in the whitelist. A "Revoke this page's temporary permissions" item would, IMHO, be a great shortcut to this functionality.

Thank you!
Last edited by Tom T. on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarified topic and request
With great power comes great responsibility.
Learn something new every day, and the rest will take care of itself.
Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: RFE: "Revoke this page's temporary permissions" *Per Tab*

Post by Tom T. »

My first thought was "You already can do that". Then had to read a little farther to see the actual RFE for finer granularity in RTP. So I edited the title to clarify that; else it might be skipped over by anyone who thought from the title, "Uh, it's already there". Hope you don't mind.

Also, as a RFE, I'm moving it to NoScript Development, the forum for RFEs.

Good idea, btw, IMHO.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
computerfreaker

Tom T. wrote:My first thought was "You already can do that". Then had to read a little farther to see the actual RFE for finer granularity in RTP. So I edited the title to clarify that; else it might be skipped over by anyone who thought from the title, "Uh, it's already there". Hope you don't mind.
Don't mind at all, thanks.
Tom T. wrote:Also, as a RFE, I'm moving it to NoScript Development, the forum for RFEs.
Thanks for doing that. Sorry I didn't put it in NoScript dev in the first place...
Tom T. wrote:Good idea, btw, IMHO.
Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6
computerfreaker

*bump*
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6