nclottery.com won't complete loading with NoScript enabled

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Supertech

nclottery.com won't complete loading with NoScript enabled

Post by Supertech »

Running Windows 10 Pro and Firefox 120.0 64bit, nclottery.com fails to complete loading with NoScript enabled, even after the site is set to Trusted level. The top banner of the page loads but most functions below that are just spinning wheels that never complete loading. Disabling NoScript and reloading nclottery.com then fully appears functional.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:120.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/120.0
barbaz

Re: nclottery.com won't complete loading with NoScript enabled

Post by barbaz »

Does it load if you "Disable restrictions for this tab" in NoScript?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:120.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/120.0
Supertech

Post by Supertech »

Good question. Being a complete NoScript novice (like 2 days) I'm not sure how to configure that suggestion. Can you walk me through the steps?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:120.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/120.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

It's explained here - https://noscript.net/usage/#bulkdisabling-restrictions

If that works, resolving this properly involves re-enabling restrictions (or using a different tab) and figuring out which of the active content sources listed in the NoScript popup need to be set Trusted for the desired site functionality to work for you. When doing that testing, you might also need to be aware of this - viewtopic.php?t=8309
Supertech

Post by Supertech »

It does load properly if I "Disable restrictions for this tab" in NoScript. That would seem to be very temporary. How do I associate that setting permanently with nclottery.com? The links you pointed me toward don't really answer that for me. I saw a mention of a whitelist but don't see now to create or add to any existing whitelist.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Supertech wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:23 am It does load properly if I "Disable restrictions for this tab" in NoScript. That would seem to be very temporary. How do I associate that setting permanently with nclottery.com?
It was only a test to see if the issue was too strict NoScript permissions - which since this worked, it likely is. To set NoScript to always allow the site, open the NoScript popup and set the necessary sites to Trusted.

You've already found out that allowing only the main site is not enough by itself, the functionality you're seeking requires some third party script(s) in addition.

This process is going to be trial-and-error at least to some extent, but you can reduce the amount of trial-and-error - viewtopic.php?t=26521
Supertech wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:23 am I saw a mention of a whitelist but don't see now to create or add to any existing whitelist.
The stuff about "whitelist" is probably talking about NoScript Classic. Current NoScript's permissions are configured by preset (you can choose Default/Trusted/Untrusted presets, or choose Custom to configure permissions for an individual site in detail). You can decide what the 3 presets mean in NoScript Options > General, and configure which sites get what permission either in the NoScript popup for a site you're visiting, or in NoScript Options > Per-site Permissions.

Note that setting a site to Default means not only to use Default preset, but also to delete its entry in NoScript Options > Per-site Permissions.