One efficient keyboard shortcut

Bug reports and enhancement requests
9a12

One efficient keyboard shortcut

Post by 9a12 »

For "Set all on this page to Temp. TRUSTED" by keyboard it needs Alt+Shift+N plus P plus Escape. Menu opens in new window so on tiling window manager Escape don't work and must close window with more key presses.

Can there be one efficient shortcut for all this because it is so common use? Can we customize the shortcut in setting menu so it don't conflict with other addon?

Example is Alt+T can set all on this page to temp trusted and reload page. It will be so helpful to make it simple to browse any page.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
therube
Ambassador

Re: One efficient keyboard shortcut

Post by therube »

Alt+Shift+N plus P plus Escape
Good job.
Never knew such a thing existed.

(On Windows it looks to be, Alt+Shift+N plus P plus Alt+F4.)

As far as I recall, real, meaningful, useful things like that, heh, can't work with webextensions (probably because that would be too meaningful & useful).

Anyhow, +1.

(Just now, I hit, Ctrl+Shift+\, & that Temporarily Allowed, informaction.com.
Oh yeah, I forgot, I live in a dream world [or not] ;-).
Long live NoScript (& NoScript Classic - where Ctrl+Shift+\ does actually - work).)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Currently NoScript offers only two shortcuts:
  1. Configure current page's permissions (Shift+Alt+N)
  2. Toggle restrictions enforcement for current tab (Shift+Alt+Space)
I decided to include the tab permission command and not one for "Set all on this page to Temp. TRUSTED" one the latter is meant to be used interactively while looking at the script sources on the page and checking you're not actually allowing something you'll regret, and often requires a 2nd or 3rd pass on new resources which have been dynamically loaded by the ones you've just enabled.

Therefore as a quick & dirty mean to make the current page work, probably "Toggle restrictions enforcement for current tab (Shift+Alt+Space)" is the best option.
9a12 wrote: Can we customize the shortcut in setting menu so it don't conflict with other addon?
Yes you can: via the "Manage Extension Shortcuts" option at about:addons in Firefox, or in chrome://extensions/shortcuts on Chromium-based browsers.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/119.0
9a12

Post by 9a12 »

Shift+Alt+Space is perfect. Can there be similar shortcut added that does same thing but only for pages in current domain? It is not easy to remember to disable it when going to different site in same tab and then scripts are often run without my awareness.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

As a workaround, maybe could contrive something like viewtopic.php?p=107117#p107117 for "Set all on this page to Temp. TRUSTED" on your setup?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/119.0
oldmoz

Post by oldmoz »

9a12 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:00 am Can there be similar shortcut added that does same thing but only for pages in current domain?
Coming out of lurk to be an old NS=Security grandpa:
If a NS client has already given a domain its trust, then it's surely not going to be a primary security matter whether that domain runs extra scripts.
However:
Giorgio Maone wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:10 am
I decided to include the tab permission command and not one for "Set all on this page to Temp. TRUSTED" one the latter is meant to be used interactively while looking at the script sources on the page and checking you're not actually allowing something you'll regret, and often requires a 2nd or 3rd pass on new resources which have been dynamically loaded by the ones you've just enabled.
Keeping in mind that NS is a security extension, this careful approach from Giorgio also reduces the chance of miskeying error that would allow scripting de novo from an unvetted site and is very much appreciated by a longtime keyboarder.

It seems to me that where security's concerned one can never 'set and forget' permissions and that the trade-off for using such powerful tools is to keep track of those icons up there - - and of course to make good use of the Extension Shortcut Management utilities.
Barbaz has found a great example there although I'd be too scared of missing something if I used it. ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/118.0.0.0 Safari/537.36