What is NoScript?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
I3radley

What is NoScript?

Post by I3radley »

I love the idea of a safer environment to browse the web without being tracked/monitored, so I took interest in NoScript extension in Firefox. I read the What is NoScript page and still do not have a clue as to specifically what NoScript does and why I would need it in addition to adblockers and DNS with adblock.

I'm only posting this because you all should definitely completely rewrite the description to include comparisons of how the web behaves with/without NoScript to reach a larger demographic to increase users and popularity. I will continue to research because I think it may be something I will appreciate; however, if someone with my experience cannot "get" the point, I am sure many if not most people are passing on a good opportunity and you all are selling yourselves short.

Does a website look/feel different? Is it faster? Why exactly is it safer? Why would we worry about these trackers that NoScript blocks?

Your FAQ caters to your current users only and does not have a single question asked by a sceptical potential user/donor/supporter.
Mozilla/5.0 (Android 13; Mobile; rv:109.0) Gecko/119.0 Firefox/119.0
barbaz

Re: What is NoScript?

Post by barbaz »

I3radley wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:05 pm I love the idea of a safer environment to browse the web without being tracked/monitored, so I took interest in NoScript extension in Firefox. I read the What is NoScript page and still do not have a clue [...] why I would need it in addition to adblockers and DNS with adblock.
If you're seeking to tighten a loose screw, and you have a set of good screwdrivers of the right size, would you expect to have a clue why you would need pliers in addition for that job?

NoScript is not a privacy tool. For your purpose I would recommend uBlock Origin.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/118.0