NoScript causing Chromium hang

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Bencyc

NoScript causing Chromium hang

Post by Bencyc »

I have NoScript 11.4.13 on Chromium Version 108.0.5359.124 in Ubuntu 22.0.4LTS. Since upgrading to this Ubuntu version NoScript is causing much hang problem so that the computer freezes for several minutes and hard disk making a lot of noise even after switching off all the browsers The problem appears to be only with Chromium. Firefox is working fine. When disabling NS. everything is fine.
Any suggestions how to fix the problem?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:73.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/73.0
barbaz

Re: NoScript causing Chromium hang

Post by barbaz »

It's not immediately happening for me with Chromium 108.0.5359.124 (installed from flatpak) on Xubuntu 22.04, with NoScript 11.4.13.

Have you noticed any particular thing(s) you consistently do (for example, any particular websites you consistently visit) in the time before this happens?

Does it also happen in a new, clean Chromium profile with no extension other than NoScript installed? If not, does it happen if you then export your NoScript settings from your main Chromium profile and import them into the new profile?
Bencyc wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:14 pm Since upgrading to this Ubuntu version
What Ubuntu version did you have previously?

What type of installation is your Chromium browser, is it flatpak like mine, or snap, or something else?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Bencyc

Post by Bencyc »

I think so too that a new profile is the right thing.

But my Chromium is snap installation and I was not able to make new profile as it seems at first sight to be more complicated than the old method which I was used to.
Anybody have a good advice.?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:73.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/73.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Bencyc wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:52 pm I think so too that a new profile is the right thing.

But my Chromium is snap installation and I was not able to make new profile
It's supposed to be possible by click the person icon on the toolbar ("You") > Add, then type a name and click "Done". Does that not work in the snap Chromium?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-