Potential Identity Leak popup started recently

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
boston019

Potential Identity Leak popup started recently

Post by boston019 »

Hi,

First, great product!

Second, I've been getting these popups from NoScript recently, perhaps in the last month (see Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/fobGsoW). An additional popup is never desirable, but the fact that they default to anonymous can send sites to which I am currently logged in into a sort of login "loop" if I click OK without toggling the radio button. Is there anything that can be done here in terms of either making the popup less frequent, or changing the default on the popup?

Firefox: v104.1
NoScript: v11.4.10

EDIT - I can't reply to this thread, dur to the following error:

"Ooops, something in your posting triggered my antispam filter...
Please use the "Back" button to modify your content and retry."
Barbaz, thank you for your assistance below, I've disabled the "Cross-tab identity leak protection" feature. :)
Last edited by boston019 on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:104.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/104.0
barbaz

Re: Potential Identity Leak popup started recently

Post by barbaz »

If you find this feature too obstructive, you can disable it in NoScript Options > Advanced, "Cross-tab identity leak protection"
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
barbaz

Re: Potential Identity Leak popup started recently

Post by barbaz »

boston019 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:29 pm EDIT - I can't reply to this thread, dur to the following error:

"Ooops, something in your posting triggered my antispam filter...
Please use the "Back" button to modify your content and retry."
You can PM what you want to post to a Support Team member and we'll try to post it for you. PMs to forum staff are not spam-filtered, and the spam filter is more lenient on us.
boston019 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:29 pm Barbaz, thank you for your assistance below, I've disabled the "Cross-tab identity leak protection" feature. :)
You're welcome Image
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-