NoScript 11.3.6 in chromium problem deleting popup

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
dhdurgee

NoScript 11.3.6 in chromium problem deleting popup

Post by dhdurgee »

I am having a problem deleting a popup with the above release in the above browser. I hold the left mouse button down while hitting the delete key, but nothing happens. This worked for me in FireFox and SeaMonkey, but does NOT work for me in chromium.

The problem is with this particular site:

https://twitter.com/MarkDavis

I refuse to log into twitter and thus they hit me with a nag popup about it that prevents me from reading more than the first few tweets. Without NoScript removing the popup I have no way to see the earlier posts. Am I doing something wrong? Is this release different from the FireFox and SeaMonkey releases and requires a different way to remove the obnoxious popup?

Dave

PS: in case you are wondering why this is important to me, this page crashes FireFox and SeaMonkey on my system most of the time. Only chromium is safe.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.11
dhdurgee

Re: NoScript 11.3.6 in chromium problem deleting popup

Post by dhdurgee »

I am surprised that no one has a solution to this problem. I should note that the problem has gotten worse with recent changes to twitter's page.

I should note that it is no longer crashing FireFox or SeaMonkey, which is good. Unfortunately that is all that is good. In FireFox the hold left mouse button and hit delete key no longer removes the obscuring pop-up, so I now have the same problem with FireFox that I do with Chromium. In SeaMonkey I can remove the pop-up, but the content below it has been pruned and there is no longer access available to the earlier posts.

Obviously twitter has made additional changes to their scripting in ways that are even more problematic than before.

I would very much appreciate a solution to this problem.

Dave

PS: I should note that the Chromium version is now 11.4, so whatever updates were done have not solved this problem.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.11
musonius
Master Bug Buster

Post by musonius »

dhdurgee wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:36 pm I refuse to log into twitter and thus they hit me with a nag popup about it that prevents me from reading more than the first few tweets.
Have you ever tried nitter? I don't want to log into Twitter as well and therefore I use the alternative to read Twitter tweets. No nags or the like.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:98.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/98.0
dhdurgee

Post by dhdurgee »

musonius wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:13 pm
dhdurgee wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:36 pm I refuse to log into twitter and thus they hit me with a nag popup about it that prevents me from reading more than the first few tweets.
Have you ever tried nitter? I don't want to log into Twitter as well and therefore I use the alternative to read Twitter tweets. No nags or the like.
Thank you for the pointer. I had never heard of Nitter, but it appears to address exactly the problems I am encountering.

Dave
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

musonius wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:13 pm Have you ever tried nitter?
Great tip, thanks musonius! Image
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-