deploy individual settings (FF 91 ESR)

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
barbaz

Re: deploy individual settings (FF 91 ESR)

Post by barbaz »

Asphyx wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:19 am Yes, webextensions.storage.sync.enabled was set to false, just because I don't want to use Firefox Sync and thought, the setting could establish unwanted connections. So I can set it to true without doubts?
Yes. I have it set to true and my Firefox does not make any connection to Firefox Sync.
Asphyx wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:19 am Should it be possible to transfer NS-Settings with copying the storage-sync-v2.* files? NoScript is the only extension.
Yes but this only gets some NoScript settings. In my profile, looks like it's:
- Permissions and preset configurations,
- XSS user choices,
- Cross-tab identity leak protection global settings,
- The "Enable setting permanent permissions in incognito/private tabs" setting,
- The "Any capability blocked in the top document must be blocked in its subdocuments too" setting.

Which IIUC should be enough for what you're seeking?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/119.0
Asphyx

Post by Asphyx »

Thank you. It seems I made a fault with my last test. I could restore the site-settings with copying storange-sync-v2.* But it's a pity that it is still necessary to copy the storage\*.* files to restore the checkbox "restore settings after browser-restart" and dark/light design + high-contrast.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Asphyx wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:27 am But it's a pity that it is still necessary to copy the storage\*.* files to restore the checkbox "restore settings after browser-restart"
Good point. I would think most if not all NoScript users would want this one synced across all their systems.

Giorgio, is there a technical reason why the enforceOnRestart setting isn't stored in storage.sync when possible?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/119.0