Getting "This is a privileged page, whose permissions cannot be configured."

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
LacherMark

Getting "This is a privileged page, whose permissions cannot be configured."

Post by LacherMark »

I am receiving the message "This is a privileged page, whose permissions cannot be configured." Most of the time when I click on a link from Google ads

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... ent=psy-ab

then I clicked on the link for one of the meters and received the following message.
Disabling NoScrip did not stop the message from happening,
However deleting the cache did fix the problem.
This issue keeps croping up.
Running Firefox 79.0 64 bit
NoScript Version 11.0.41

Thanks Mark
Last edited by barbaz on Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0
barbaz

Re: Getting "This is a privileged page, whose permissions cannot be configured."

Post by barbaz »

Removed the email address. We don't give email support, but this being a public forum there are surely bad bots looking to harvest email addresses for spamming and other nefarious purposes.

Does this issue still happen with Firefox 80?

EDIT Just noticed this -
LacherMark wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:54 pm Disabling NoScrip did not stop the message from happening,
This makes no sense. How can you see this message from the NoScript popup if NoScript is disabled??
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
garyf

Re: Getting "This is a privileged page, whose permissions cannot be configured."

Post by garyf »

Sorry to interrupt, but to me, I only get this message "This is a privileged page, whose permissions cannot be configured" when I opened-up "Private Browsing" and tried clicking on the NoScript icon. I am on Firefox 80.0 and using NoScript 11.0.41. Other than that, this message does not appear when I started browsing to other websites and clicking on the NoScript icon to "Temporarily Trust" or "Revoke Temporary Permissions."
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

garyf wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:34 pm Sorry to interrupt, but to me, I only get this message "This is a privileged page, whose permissions cannot be configured" when I opened-up "Private Browsing" and tried clicking on the NoScript icon. I am on Firefox 80.0 and using NoScript 11.0.41. Other than that, this message does not appear when I started browsing to other websites and clicking on the NoScript icon to "Temporarily Trust" or "Revoke Temporary Permissions."
That is expected behavior. The about:privatebrowsing page is indeed inaccessible to WebExtensions, by design.
-
DanskerDave

Post by DanskerDave »

I am getting "This is a privileged page, whose permissions cannot be configured." on https://support.mozilla.org/
Why?
How can I turn it off?
Where?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:124.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/124.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

@DanskerDave: about:config > remove support.mozilla.org from extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:125.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/125.0