General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
barbaz

Is ClearClick back in NoScript 11.0rc1?

Post by barbaz »

I was exporting my NoScript settings and noticed this in the export file -

Code: Select all

"sync": {
    "clearclick": true,
None of my NoScript Classic settings that NoScript 10 doesn't use are in the export file, so I wonder: Does NoScript 11.0rc1 have ClearClick support back? :)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
barbaz

Re: Is ClearClick back in NoScript 11.0rc1?

Post by barbaz »

I did a grep through NoScript source code, and it appears that ClearClick is only present in options UI and locales, but I didn't find any backend code behind it. So it looks like ClearClick is not back in NoScript Webext yet.

If I assessed this correctly, having that non-functional setting in the export is just confusing, and could provide some people with false sense of security. Would it be possible to exclude the clearclick setting from NoScript Options export until ClearClick is actually available?
-
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

barbaz wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:48 pm If I assessed this correctly, having that non-functional setting in the export is just confusing, and could provide some people with false sense of security. Would it be possible to exclude the clearclick setting from NoScript Options export until ClearClick is actually available?
A prototype was initially included but then removed (hopefully temporarily) because the new methods used because of the lack of the previous APIs was too imprecise and the false positives rate was just too high.
Unfortunately the preference remained there by accident, and yes removing it until the whole can be restored is a good idea, thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

The ClearClick setting is there in export files from NoScript 11.4.3rc1. Was it removed & subsequently restored? Or just never removed and the situation with ClearClick hasn't changed?
-
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

barbaz wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:48 pm Or just never removed and the situation with ClearClick hasn't changed?
This one. Fixed here.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:99.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/99.0