Feature Request: Private Mode

Bug reports and enhancement requests
therube
Ambassador

Re: Feature Request: Private Mode

Post by therube »

For reference: Private Browsing (& does not exist in SeaMonkey)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4) Gecko/20091017 SeaMonkey/2.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Feature Request: Private Mode

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

@therube, I think you missed the point of the OP's suggestion. I could see where this would be beneficial and the guide you linked is not 100% complete as it does not mention that if you set your Tools|Options|Privacy|History to "never" it will disable the ability to start and stop private browsing as it will be locked into that mode permanently, like mine is. Also the OP is not using SeaMonkey, your suggestion is a good link to information but not truly relevant here as I can see it.

@OP, why not just run in private browsing all the time? I have found no upside to using the regular mode short of building up useless cache, cookies, and history on my profile which IMHO should be dumped each time you use your browser anyway. The reason I say is that although this feature has application and I would support its implementation if Giorgio could find the time, the upside of it is very limited to warrant and immediate or speedy implementation.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3