NoScript hijacking the default search engine?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post

NoScript hijacking the default search engine?

Post by Guest »

After the recent update to 1.9.7, I noticed that every time I start up Firefox, the selected search engine is Ask.com.

This may sound like I accidentally selected it, but -- I didn't even have that search engine installed. Also, if I remove it, it just comes back. :sad:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5

Re: NoScript hijacking the default search engine?

Post by Guest »

Eh, sorry for jumping to conclusions. Just found this:

Apparently Virtus Designs made a theme I had installed (I wasn't even using it!) and recently started "bundling" this with their stuff. I didn't even know themes could do that.

But yeah, sorry I bothered you.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5
therube
Ambassador

Re: NoScript hijacking the default search engine?

Post by therube »

Just a link Virtus Designs
I have partnered with Ask.com to bring you all of my themes for free. In order to continue offering my themes free of charge, the default search engine will be reset to Ask.com.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17