Even with workaround of allowing File URLs, Cloudflare DDOS protection breaks unless Noscript is disabled.

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Menno555

Re: Even with workaround of allowing File URLs, Cloudflare DDOS protection breaks unless Noscript is disabled.

Post by Menno555 »

Giorgio Maone wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:32 am 11.2.21 has gone public in the Chrome Store, you can update or (re)install it from there. Thanks for your patience.
Hello

Sorry to say but sadly 11.2.21 did not solve it :(
An empty Google page is giving trouble and this in the error report:

Code: Select all

[NoScript] Cannot collect noscript activity data Error: Could not establish connection.
Receiving end does not exist. Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
Stack tracing:

nscl/lib/browser-polyfill.js:1187 (wrappedSendMessageCallback)
Line 1187:  reject(new Error(extensionAPIs.runtime.lastError.message));
Another example is the Dutch meteo site, https://www.knmi.nl/nederland-nu/weer/a ... rslagradar

Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'https://[ff00::]/nscl/chrome-extension://doojmbjmlfjjnbmnoijecmcbfeoakpjm/syncMessage
(had to alter it a bit cause the forum spamfilter acted up)
Stack-tracering

nscl/common/SyncMessage.js:255 (browser.runtime.sendSyncMessage)
content/staticNS.js:95 (fetchPolicy)
content/staticNS.js:76 (anonieme functie)
Line 255: console.error(`syncMessage error in ${document.URL}: ${e.message} (response ${r.responseText})`);
I use the Vivaldi browser which had also an update overnight, it's now on Chromium 98.0.4758.88
In general pages are loading but they either miss some functionality or the layout is garbled. After a forced refresh with Ctrl/F5 it all does work.
I did delete all cookies and the cache and so on but no effect.
Also tried with Java disabled for browsers through the Java Control Panel, but also no effect.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.88 Safari/537.36
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Even with workaround of allowing File URLs, Cloudflare DDOS protection breaks unless Noscript is disabled.

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Menno555 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:55 am

[NoScript] Cannot collect noscript activity data Error: Could not establish connection.
Receiving end does not exist. Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
Stack tracing:

nscl/lib/browser-polyfill.js:1187 (wrappedSendMessageCallback)
Line 1187:  reject(new Error(extensionAPIs.runtime.lastError.message));
This message can be safely ignored: it happens everytime you're on a "privileged" page (i.e. a page which the browser doesn't allow extensions to access, e.g. internal UI or the Chrome Store).
Menno555 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:55 am Another example is the Dutch meteo site, https://www.knmi.nl/nederland-nu/weer/a ... rslagradar

Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'https://[ff00::]/nscl/chrome-extension://doojmbjmlfjjnbmnoijecmcbfeoakpjm/syncMessage
(had to alter it a bit cause the forum spamfilter acted up)
Stack-tracering

nscl/common/SyncMessage.js:255 (browser.runtime.sendSyncMessage)
content/staticNS.js:95 (fetchPolicy)
content/staticNS.js:76 (anonieme functie)
Line 255: console.error(`syncMessage error in ${document.URL}: ${e.message} (response ${r.responseText})`);
Also this one can be ignored now in 11.2.21, because it has a fallback which retrieves the permissions asynchronously (and this codepath should be hit much less often, too) and the page should end working normally anyway.
That meteo site, in facts, does work for me (tested on Canary, 100.0.4867.0)
Menno555 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:55 am I use the Vivaldi browser which had also an update overnight, it's now on Chromium 98.0.4758.88
Maybe it's a Vivaldi-specific issue, I'm installing it and checking.
Menno555 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:55 am In general pages are loading but they either miss some functionality or the layout is garbled. After a forced refresh with Ctrl/F5 it all does work.
I did delete all cookies and the cache and so on but no effect.
Also tried with Java disabled for browsers through the Java Control Panel, but also no effect.
Could you point me to a specific webpage where this is reliably reproducible, and the steps to do it (e.g. if I need to load the page with or without having it in the cache)?
Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:97.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/97.0
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Giorgio Maone wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:17 am ........
Could you point me to a specific webpage where this is reliably reproducible, and the steps to do it (e.g. if I need to load the page with or without having it in the cache)?
Thanks!
Thanks for the explanations :)

That site https://www.knmi.nl/nederland-nu/weer/a ... rslagradar is still one that gives troubles on my end.
But it's all not consequent: I open the browser and go there and it's fine. Next time I open my browser and it's not: all images are in a vertical row instead of opened by a drop down menu.
The same goes for https://www.reddit.com : it can load fine but next time I open my browser it doesn't load more than one and a half page.
It doesn't matter if it in cache or not. And here also: Ctrl/F5 and all seems to work than.

And yes, it could be the Vivaldi/NoScript combi. It all was 100% okay the day before yesterday and that was with the previous version of Vivaldi and NoScript (don't recall what version though).
It all went haywire yesterday morning without me doing anything. There was no Vivaldi update (I do that manually), so I suspect it was NoScript which did an update?

Oh, and I just noticed this, don't know if this has anything to do with it? My browser is set to Dutch, so I am roughly translating now ;)
In the NoScript settings on the Extension page, the part Access to sites doesn't remember the setting. I set it to On all websites but it reverts itself back to On click after the browser restart.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.88 Safari/537.36
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

11.2.21 is better, but this is not completely fixed. The link I posted earlier now works. But for example searching for "is javascript enabled" in the Vivaldi address bar (configured to use DuckDuckGo) gives a mostly-blank page, despite DuckDuckGo being TRUSTED. And going to https://enable-javascript.com with enable-javascript.com already TRUSTED does not show the Javascript state at all. Only after reloading these pages do they display correctly with correct permissions.

Also, the NoScript icon is sometimes incorrectly reporting Image on first load of some sites that are actually script-allowed.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.175 Safari/537.36
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

I did also check https://enable-javascript.com as test and have the same there.
NS is set to Allow All but no JavaState is shown. Also the NS icon is indicating that 1 of 3 items are blocked but only 2 items are showing in the NS window: the Javascript site and Googleapis.com.
Only after a Ctrl/F5 action the Javastate is shown and the NS icon now is showing 2 of 4 items are blocked (both analytic items) and the NS windows now shows correctly 4.

And noticed something else here on the forum itself: the Online flags for example ar not showing with NS enabled and trusted. With NS off they are showing or with NS on and a Ctrl/F5 refresh they also become visible.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

barbaz wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:58 pm 11.2.21 is better, but this is not completely fixed. The link I posted earlier now works. But for example searching for "is javascript enabled" in the Vivaldi address bar (configured to use DuckDuckGo) gives a mostly-blank page, despite DuckDuckGo being TRUSTED. And going to https://enable-javascript.com with enable-javascript.com already TRUSTED does not show the Javascript state at all. Only after reloading these pages do they display correctly with correct permissions.

Also, the NoScript icon is sometimes incorrectly reporting Image on first load of some sites that are actually script-allowed.
Just now got a Vivaldi update to version 5.1.2567.39 and that seems to have fixed these issues for me. Thanks Giorgio for NoScript 11.2.21! 8-)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.88 Safari/537.36
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

barbaz wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:57 pm Just now got a Vivaldi update to version 5.1.2567.39 and that seems to have fixed these issues for me. Thanks Giorgio for NoScript 11.2.21! 8-)
Mm, weird. I have the same but still all kind of problems. Even the famous site with the blue bird (can't mention it cause the forum anti-spam kicks in :)) gives first a black page with the blue bird in the center and only after Ctrl/F5 it loads.
Removed the other extensions I have, disabled anti virus (Kaspersky) and so on, still problems somehow.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Menno555 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:46 am Oh, and I just noticed this, don't know if this has anything to do with it? My browser is set to Dutch, so I am roughly translating now ;)
In the NoScript settings on the Extension page, the part Access to sites doesn't remember the setting. I set it to On all websites but it reverts itself back to On click after the browser restart.
Probably related, and quite infuriating as it's a 2 months old bug: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... id=1276986
ReveurGAM

Post by ReveurGAM »

Grazie, Signore Maone, for all of your efforts! We really appreciate you!

I'm having similar results to Barbaz on Brave.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.87 Safari/537.36

Post by Guest »

Thank you so much, Mr. Maone for all your efforts, 11.2.21 on Vivaldi 5.1.2567.39 (Stable channel) (x86_64) now works!

There's a frequent need to reload pages to load content - is there another issue open for that? I think I'm experiencing the same thing Barbaz is...
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.88 Safari/537.36
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Decided for a total clean install of Vivaldi. That a little good but indeed still rather a lot of times a forced refresh has to be done to show a page correctly.
pjk

Post by pjk »

Giorgio Maone wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:32 am 11.2.21 has gone public in the Chrome Store, you can update or (re)install it from there. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks again for your work on this.

After spending more time with 11.2.21, I have found that while it does greatly improve matters, I still have issues in some cases.

I have attached a screenshot of what Vivaldi displayed from craigslist.org a few minutes ago when I tried to open it. The error suggests to me that the site did not initially detect JS enabled in the browser. A reload after a few seconds and everything back to normal. (SW/HW environment the same as in my previous post ITT)

I also see this on search engine pages, etc.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.113 Safari/537.36
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Please check this 11.2.22rc1 pre-release.

I've submitted 11.2.22 to the Chrome Store, but I'll wait for your feedback on the pre-release even after it's reviewed before making it public for autoupdate.

Thanks.
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Giorgio Maone wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:38 pm Probably related, and quite infuriating as it's a 2 months old bug: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... id=1276986
I gave that a star and remark yesterday and it seems they did pick it up now:
"Confirmed this issue existed. Should be fixed as of https://chromium-review.googlesource.co ... /+/3429084.
Please confirm on the latest canary?"
lelx

recently fixed bug still partially present

Post by lelx »

As we know, the webpage destroying bug from last week has been fixed, and I reinstalled noscript which mostly fixed the issue. However I'm still having an issue where the pages are broken on the first load, but they function fine after a refresh. This is annoying and could potentially be a problem for some webpages still. I'm wondering if there's a solution to this that I can try, or if a bug fix is under way?
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.88 Safari/537.36