problem with Google and Gmail

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Prestkop

problem with Google and Gmail

Post by Prestkop »

Hello
Since the last NoScript 10.2.0 update I can't use Google or Gmail.
Before this update, I could use these websites without any problem, because Google keeps an HTML version of its services active to use them without javascript.
But by updating NoScript to version 10.2.0, both Google and Gmail have stopped working.

In Gmail I get a message that javascript is disabled and I have to enable it.
In the screenshot, it says Unable to log in
The browser you are using does not support JavaScript or has JavaScript disabled.
To protect your Google Account, try signing in to a browser with JavaScript enabled. Learn more

In a Google search, the page is completely blank.

I use Firefox 63.0.3 on Mac OSX 10.11.6
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
barbaz

Re: problem with Google and Gmail

Post by barbaz »

So if you downgrade NoScript to an older version, does this work again? If so, what is the last working rc version?

Old NoScript @ https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/noscript/versions
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
therube
Ambassador

Re: problem with Google and Gmail

Post by therube »

It appears that www.gmail.com is now requiring the use of JavaScript.

https://accounts.google.com/signin/reje ... 47&rhlk=js

So nothing to do with NoScript.
Allow google.com & gstatic.com & see if that works.

After you enter your un/pw & are logged in, it looks like you can then disable JavaScript, at which time they give you the choice to switch to their "Basic" mode. (Don't know if you can set your account to always be that way? Or maybe they have a different login page that will send you there automatically?)

Code: Select all

JavaScript must be enabled in order for you to use Gmail in standard view. However, it seems JavaScript is either disabled or not supported by your browser. To use standard view, enable JavaScript by changing your browser options, then try again.

To use Gmail's basic HTML view, which does not require JavaScript {click here}.

(With Yahoo webmail, I have always used their Classic version, to this day, knock knock knock. On others accounts that have switched to the new version, they can use work-arounds to get back to Classic, but in all cases to get there, they have to at least answer a specific prompt - each time.)

(Since google now owns the browser & internet, I guess they are the ones that make the decisions.
Resistance is futile!)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.5