Disable restrictions for this tab not working properly

Bug reports and enhancement requests
bo elam

Disable restrictions for this tab not working properly

Post by bo elam »

I rarely use this setting but yesterday after updating to Firefox 63, I noticed that when you disable restrictions for one tab, other tabs and webpages I open also open with restrictions disabled. Yesterday, I didn't put much attention to this as I was focused on something else that the update to Firefox 63 broke for me (not related to NS). But a little while ago, I again, disabled restrictions for one tab, and by doing so, restrictions for all tabs get disabled. Likely, this glitch started happening after updating to Firefox 63. Something in Firefox 63 broke this NoScript setting. I am using NoScript 10.1.9.9rc2.

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
barbaz

Re: Disable restrictions for this tab not working properly

Post by barbaz »

I can't figure out how to reproduce this. NoScript 10.1.9.9rc2, Firefox 63.0, new profile

Are you able to find more detailed steps to reproduce?

Please create a clean profile from scratch. Install only NoScript latest development build, leaving all the defaults.
Does the problem still exist?
If not, what if you then import your NoScript settings into the clean profile using the Import and Export buttons in NoScript Options?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
bo elam

Post by bo elam »

Barbaz, I feel bad. I just realized the setting is actually working properly. What I experienced and thought was wrong is actually the expected behavior: Any webpage you open in a tab that has restrictions disabled will open with restrictions disabled. Since I rarely use the setting I was highly unfamiliar with it and expected restrictions to be disabled only in the webpage you were on when restrictions were set to disabled. So, all is well. :)

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:63.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/63.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

No problem, thanks for reporting back. :)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-