Open 4 new windows, now a total of 5 windows, all maximized

Quit FF
Restart FF

Result: FF opens it 5 windows, all maximized

Quit FF
Restart FF
Result: FF opens it 5 windows, all maximized
Repeat, oh, 99 or so times.

Result: It seems, that each time FF restores its session, windows sized, maximized.
(I did not test setting the windows to other then maximized.)

That looks to work.
FF 62.0.2 release notes, https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/6 ... easenotes/, mention two bugs that may make it different from earlier FF's, not sure?

---------

Now, throw noscript-10.1.9.6rc3.xpi into the mix...

Install NoScript

Quit FF

Restart FF
Result: FF opens it 5 windows, all maximized (most likely)

Repeat, oh, 12 or so times.

Result: Most likely, somewhere in that cycle, windows will start restoring to a non-maximized sizing.

And once that happens they'll persist in opening non-maximized.
Even if you go to each window & maximize them, then go through the Quit / Restart scenario, they will again, at some point start to open non-maximized.
Typically, a focused, maximized window will retain its sizing, but other windows eventually will not.

(I have always [as in for as long as I can remember] seen this behavior & had always attributed it to the browser itself, never thinking an extension might be affecting things. With these recent bug fixes, I thought [first] maybe the fixes may have some bearing on [Windows] taskbar icon ordering - but it did not, NoScript 10 still breaks that, & then I thought, what about window sizing, & it appears that NoScript is affecting that.

Suppose I could do the same test with SeaMonkey [which would not have these recent FF fixes] & NoScript 5 & see...)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.5
therube
Ambassador

Re: [Invalid] NoScript Breaks Window Sizing

Post by therube »

Invalid.

Depending on "how" you do my STR, you may or may not see the issue.
Happens, I did not see the issue 99 times.
Happens, that on installing NoScript, within a dozen tries, I did something slightly different, which caused the situation to occur.

... I minimized all windows.

So... (first off, forget about NoScript).

New Profile

:repeat
Maximize
Open five new windows, all maximized
Quit
Open
Result->Maximized
Repeat:

---------

Now...

New Profile

Maximize
Open five new windows, all maximized
Quit
Open
Result->Maximized

Change:

Minimize all windows, the 'ol Show Desktop icon (whatever you want to call it) suffices.
Click on one of the FF windows, say window #4 (window #4 is always the winner).
At this point, all is minimized except for Win#4.
Ensure Win#4 is maximized & Quit.

Start FF.
Check your windows.

Your first window is maximized (most likely).
One, two, & three are windowed.
Four is maximized.

Generally, the very first window retains its sizing.
The focused window on browser close, retains its sizing.
Other window will open non-maximized.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.5
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Seems that when a window is minimized, its window "Size" changes.

So if you start with a maximized window (1928x1108 in my case), then minimize it, its' size changes (160x24, in my case).
If I then click that minimized window, it reopens to its previous size, maximized.

But, if you Quit FF (SeaMonkey) while that window had been minimized, FF (SeaMonkey) on reopen, opens the particular window(s) to "minimized" size.

Note also the difference between a "minimized" window & a "resized" window (1140x881).
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Winlister, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/winlister.html

This is Windows 7, in case that matters.
Seem to recall some LARGE negative window locations -4000 or so, & maybe that was XP? ...

-32,000, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=433675.

sessionstore.jsonlz4:

Code: Select all

"width":1288,"height":1017,"screenX":4,"screenY":4,"sizemode":"maximized","zIndex":1}
"width":1288,"height":1017,"screenX":4,"screenY":4,"sizemode":"maximized","zIndex":5}
"width":1140,"height":881,"screenX":4,"screenY":4,"sizemode":"normal","zIndex":2}
"width":1288,"height":1017,"screenX":4,"screenY":4,"sizemode":"normal","zIndex":3}
"width":1288,"height":1017,"screenX":4,"screenY":4,"sizemode":"maximized","zIndex":4}
So that is (some of) the data stored in there; width, height, X & Y, & mode.
Just not sure how Mozilla is using it on session restore?
Though I'd say, wrongly.