Extension Preferences Are Not Enumerated in about:config

Talk about internet security, computer security, personal security, your social security number...
therube
Ambassador

Extension Preferences Are Not Enumerated in about:config

Post by therube »

(Just dawns on me...)

- Extension Preferences Are Not Enumerated in about:config - in Quantum

Is that correct?
And if not, where are they, & just how is a "human" supposed to make sense of things?
Another black box, essentially hidden.

Suppose (though such things "can't" happen, I suppose), suppose, you put in an extension xyz.
And xyz goes in & modifies NoScript's whitelist, setting particular sites to Allowed...

Sure, you can look at NoScript's (what I consider) very basic "interface" (Options), & you might catch that.

But suppose it changes some other preference that is not enumerated in NoScript Options itself.
Just how is one going to find something like that?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.2
barbaz

Re: Extension Preferences Are Not Enumerated in about:config

Post by barbaz »

Don't know if this applies to every WebExtension, but the WebExtensions I wrote their data gets stored in profile/browser-extension-data/<extension-ID>/storage.js
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Don't know if this applies to every WebExtension
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... =7&t=23961 ;-)

And yet I throw it into 3 online sqlite viewers & 2 downloaded sqlite viewers, & I'll be if I'm getting anything out of it? (I get more information running storage-sync.sqlite through strings.)

And, http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14787340.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.2
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

therube wrote:And yet I throw it into 3 online sqlite viewers & 2 downloaded sqlite viewers, & I'll be if I'm getting anything out of it?
Did you try sqlitebrowser?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

WebExtensions do not expose their settings in the about:config anymore, they are placed inside IndexDB structure, and as such you won't see them in the browser. Using a db viewer is an option but not always reliable, and could actually end up corrupting the extension's data or even cause the browser to fail validation and dump it.

What settings are you looking for that you can't see inside the GUI?
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0