Block one domain hide all other domain

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Levi59

Block one domain hide all other domain

Post by Levi59 »

Hi!

I have installed the new version of noscript and i have a problem. I use the script in blacklist mode with the "script globally allowed" option but if i choose this option all the sites are now in default mode with a untrusted icon (is that the default?) and if i add a domain to the untrusted list then all the domain displayed in every page disappear except for the main domain of the page and it's subdomain. i can no longer see the domain who are used by the scripts of the page.

is that a normal behavior?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Re: Block one domain hide all other domain

Post by Pansa »

Yes.

The "global allow" function from the options basically turns of noscript altogether.
What you want is to change the rules for the default preset.

If you are running the latest developer build, this should be a choice in the opitions.

If you are running Version 10.1.6.2, you have to
set an already trusted domain back to default,
click on default again
Set or remove the checkmarks you want
and then change the domain back to what you had it set to.

If you enable all checkmarks for the default preset, all scripts are allowed for any site that you have not made a rule for, basically making every script "trusted" without switching it to the trusted preset.
So only domains you switch to "untrusted" will actually be blocked.

Also:
The domains shown are comprised of two groups.
Things you made rules for
Things that no rule exists.
If you make a rule for ...google.com , it means it shows you that rule, but not for instance apis.google.com anymore, because that is already included in the rule you made.
But if you make a rule for https://apis.google.com, the ...google.com may still show up as default, because not everything under *.google.com is at apis.google.com.

On similar note if you distrust the main page, that mainpage will not load it's subordinate scripts anymore, and thus these subordinate scripts don't show up in the list anymore either.
Noscript doesn't show you scriptsources to block, if the page didn't try load them in the first place, because you successfully blocked the script that would load them.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
bo elam

Re: Block one domain hide all other domain

Post by bo elam »

Levi59 wrote:Hi!

I have installed the new version of noscript and i have a problem. I use the script in blacklist mode with the "script globally allowed" option but if i choose this option all the sites are now in default mode with a untrusted icon (is that the default?) and if i add a domain to the untrusted list then all the domain displayed in every page disappear except for the main domain of the page and it's subdomain. i can no longer see the domain who are used by the scripts of the page.

is that a normal behavior?
Hi Levi, the "script globally allowed" setting is not working in version 10 as it used to in version 5. Black listed domains work as Trusted, same as Default domains, with the setting enabled (not supposed to).
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 10&t=23875

Bo
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0