How do I modify my settings for Global default?

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
megaman

How do I modify my settings for Global default?

Post by megaman »

I want to make all scripts to load everything except Media and WebGL by default, because then I have to individually go looking for anything that is playing video. It's very tedious. If anything XSS, I'll allow/deny wherever it is necessary.

Also, Wikia sites tell me that I am using an adblocker when I try to block scripts, I want to modify it until it stops giving me the error but rather just whitelist it. Any way to whitelist specific sites?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: How do I modify my settings for Global default?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

megaman wrote:I want to make all scripts to load everything except Media and WebGL by default
Do you mean on TRUSTED sites? or on any website (DEFAULT)?
Either way, select the relevant preset (TRUSTED or DEFAULT) by double clicking it on any entry in NoScript Options and check/uncheck its permissions checkboxes the way you prefer.
megaman wrote: Also, Wikia sites tell me that I am using an adblocker when I try to block scripts, I want to modify it until it stops giving me the error but rather just whitelist it. Any way to whitelist specific sites?
You can whitelist specific sites either by setting them to TRUSTED in the NoScript popup or by entering their address in the NoScript Options tab.
You can also fine-tune their own permissions by assigning and modifying the CUSTOM pseudo-preset.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

megaman wrote: Also, Wikia sites tell me that I am using an adblocker when I try to block scripts, I want to modify it until it stops giving me the error but rather just whitelist it. Any way to whitelist specific sites?
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... =7&t=24329
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
megaman

Post by megaman »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Do you mean on TRUSTED sites? or on any website (DEFAULT)?
I didn't get an e-mail of replies, I check my regular mail and my SPAM mail 5 times every day.

I don't want videos loading automatically, since I use SwagBucks and one of their offers opens many pages and video starts to automatically play(I want to block HTML5 from auto-playing/auto-buffering video, eats my bandwidth). The last update(Before adding the Temp Trusted icon as separate from TRUSTED) was good, now I have to keep changing things to find what's making the video play, more annoying work.

About Wikia:
White listing the site will load all the scripts, for that site? If yes, okay. If not, I will have to allow all the scripts manually?
Hmm...trying it and allowing NoCookie and Wikia make it show up but get thrown the error page after a few seconds. If I allow the whole site and let the uBlock block things, I don't get that problem, so that's weird.
So, I am looking for a way to permanently allow the all the scripts for just that site and not have to keep pressing "Temporarily Allow All." Because I don't want those scripts allowed on other sites, just that one, saves a headache.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

megaman wrote:About Wikia:
White listing the site will load all the scripts, for that site? If yes, okay. If not, I will have to allow all the scripts manually?
Hmm...trying it and allowing NoCookie and Wikia make it show up but get thrown the error page after a few seconds. If I allow the whole site and let the uBlock block things, I don't get that problem, so that's weird.
So, I am looking for a way to permanently allow the all the scripts for just that site and not have to keep pressing "Temporarily Allow All." Because I don't want those scripts allowed on other sites, just that one, saves a headache.
Did you read the thread Pansa linked?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
megaman

Post by megaman »

barbaz wrote:Did you read the thread Pansa linked?
I just checked and pages load without that problem redirect, so they removed it from their end, I guess, or things in default load stuff that is needed. I'll consider that problem solved.