ABE support in 10.1.x

Discussions about the Application Boundaries Enforcer (ABE) module
ericrobe

ABE support in 10.1.x

Post by ericrobe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Does NoScript 10.1.x support ABE? I see a note about ABE in the release notes for 10.1.1 but that is all I see. Is the ABE implementation different in the new addon?

barbaz

Re: ABE support in 10.1.x

Post by barbaz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:27 pm

ericrobe wrote:Does NoScript 10.1.x support ABE?
Not yet.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!

hierWirdGeblockt

Post by hierWirdGeblockt » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:48 pm

I just want to endorse the implementation of ABE in NoScript Quantum, too. It's a very important feature. I need it to block facebook, doubleclick and other malicious sites. Currently I use Firefox ESR with NoScript 5. When Firefox ESR gets updated next month however, I will need a replacement.

I'd even donate to NoScript by the way, if SEPA payment was possible (Paypal and flattr are not an option).

yorktown

Post by yorktown » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:44 pm

I concur. ABE needs to be in NoScript for FF Quantum. The trend for multiple scripts on sites is increasing.

Google: I noticed even google is using multiple domains with multiple scripts. To login, now gstatic.com and google.com is required. But gstatic.com is on a heck of alot of other websites than google.

Youtube: Youtube now uses googlevideo.com to play videos, yimg is needed to login, etc. But I would be selective as to other websites that have access to these scripts.

So ABE is a must to add back. Please

ajay

Post by ajay » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello,

Like to try and respond to both questions.
I have just emailed Giogio about the availability of ABE and ClearClick in the current version, and he said
"Not there yet, but still planned. Hopefully out before the Tor Browser 8 (based on Firefox 60ESR) goes stable. -- G

Concerning payments through SEPA, if you email Giorgio he will provide you with his IBAN for a wire transfer, like
he did for me years ago. I just can't post his IBAN number here ... obviously.

Hope this help - AJ

Mad_Man_Moon

Post by Mad_Man_Moon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Hello!

Still loving NS, and all the amazingness that it does.

Thought I'd check in on the ABE progress. Obviously it wasn't ready for TOR 8 (and the way that browser trashes your settings I wouldn't be surprised if it's hard to code ABE there), and I don't say that in a chastising way, just pointing out the obvious. :-)

Is there a rough outlook on when it will be around? I'm barely using Firefox on my main PC these days, because I can't do the internet without ABE (because I'm pathetic, it's true) ... Instead I'm relying on multiple browsers, and accounts, and trying to keep everything in multiple places.

Anyway, thank you again for the brilliant work, and I can assure you that those that use it would *llloooooove* a new ABE :-)

Best
M_M_M