Is it not possible to change something individually for just

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
mangray

Is it not possible to change something individually for just

Post by mangray »

Hi
For example, if I want to lock doubleclick.net for just one page, it will not work! When I put on a custom then all custom are the same regardless of which side!
Sorry for my english
nice day
mangray
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Pansa

Re: Is it not possible to change something individually for

Post by Pansa »

You never could block doubleclick for just one page.

doubleclick IS the site you are allowing. Does not matter who uses a script from them.

putting doubleclick in custom means what kind of things you allow (script, media aso) gets saved for doubleclick alone.

if you change the boxes in "default, trusted or untrusted" it means ALL pages in that group change.
meaning: If you allow "scripts" in default, all pages that have no other rules are allowed.

If you don't always want to allow doubleclick, you use a "temp" rule, that gets removed when you close Firefox. You do that by clicking the little clock when you put it in "trusted" or "custom".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

mangray wrote:When I put on a custom then all custom are the same regardless of which side!
I'm not seeing this in NoScript 10.1.3rc1. Each site's Custom permissions are separate from one another.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Pansa

Post by Pansa »

barbaz wrote:
mangray wrote:When I put on a custom then all custom are the same regardless of which side!
I'm not seeing this in NoScript 10.1.3rc1. Each site's Custom permissions are separate from one another.
He has several tabs with different pages open.
If he changes the permissions for a script source that is used in all these tabs, changing the custom rule obviously changes the behaviour in ALL the tabs (after reload that is)

Basically if you allow "https://doubleclick... it is allowed regardless of the page you are visiting.
The custom means "not like trusted, untrusted, default" not "only for the use of the script for the page I am actually visiting in this tab".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Ah, sorry, I may have misunderstood the question.

Per-site permissions are not yet fully implemented -
https://hackademix.net/2017/11/21/noscript-1011-quantum-powerball-finish-and-rebooting/ wrote:Next to come (already implemented in the backend, working on the UI) contextual permissions (e.g. "Trust facebook.net on facebook.com only").
-
cutter

Re: Is it not possible to change something individually for just

Post by cutter »

Attention text translated by translator*!
Good day friends. Many years I use Fx + NS (about 10) and the last 4 years I strongly lack the function of a separate setting of rules for each domain.
For example, YouTube requires a Google server for its work, but on other resources it greatly interferes with me and undermines security (not to mention the lags due to JS abuse).
I am aware that this functionality is directly dependent on the user and requires a deep understanding of what is happening on the page. You can learn more about this area of development and whether it is conducted at all.
Me strongly worries current habits mega corporations abuse "JS govnokodom" and ready manually to configure resolution on every site in separately, know would where this can be implement.
For example site youtube = Google servers are allowed, but on other sites Google servers should be prohibited. Even on your forum in place where introduced password under registration, is worth captcha Google (scripts Google without problems can to know parole even before as he will dispatched on forum) *
Аm asking forgiveness, me because language barrier not so something simply seek something on forum. hope for your understanding.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0
cutter

Post by cutter »

this function "settings of the permission list separately for each domain" is becoming more and more popular. For example, I have banned google (not a joke) but you can't upload videos to YouTube now if Google is banned. however, a separate permission to YouTube would still suit me somehow , but it is unacceptable to allow YouTube everywhere. Please help, Google got their bad code =(
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:82.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/82.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Sorry, it's still not possible in NoScript. You can achieve this by combining NoScript with uBlock Origin.
-
cutter

Post by cutter »

barbaz wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:40 am Sorry, it's still not possible in NoScript. You can achieve this by combining NoScript with uBlock Origin.
Thank you so much for the information on how to implement this. I will try to implement the functions I need.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:82.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/82.0