Noscript 10.1.1 Options functionality

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
anon1357

Noscript 10.1.1 Options functionality

Post by anon1357 »

I installed NoScript 10.1.1 in Firefox 57 on Windows 10 / 64. I'm very happy it has been released! Thanks!

NoScript appears in the Tools / Addons menu and looks normal. There are three buttons for Options, Disable, Remove.

Clicking the Options button displays a page a list of my whitelisted sites. There are no buttons, scroll bars, or other interactive features.

The text says Scripts are enabled globally, but the link is just text - not clicakable.

Am I missing something? Is there another way to reach the NoScript Options?
Is there a way to get the NoScript icon back on the Firefox toolbar?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: Noscript 10.1.1 Options functionality

Post by therube »

Looks like an arcade game to me.
I'm not even going to bother.
If I can't look at it & make sense of it, its not for me.
(I had the same issue with uMatrix, which I looked at for about 61 seconds, & during that time I totally screwed up the way pages displayed.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.2 Lightning/5.4
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

anon1357 wrote:Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing check boxes next to "Scripts Globally Allowed" and "Sanitise cross-site suspicious requests". Image

The 5 icons to the left of each whitelisted site are clickable. Giorgio has written a bit about then here - https://hackademix.net/2017/11/21/noscr ... rebooting/
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

anon1357 wrote:I installed NoScript 10.1.1 in Firefox 57 on Windows 10 / 64. I'm very happy it has been released! Thanks!

NoScript appears in the Tools / Addons menu and looks normal. There are three buttons for Options, Disable, Remove.

Clicking the Options button displays a page a list of my whitelisted sites. There are no buttons, scroll bars, or other interactive features.

The text says Scripts are enabled globally, but the link is just text - not clicakable.

Am I missing something? Is there another way to reach the NoScript Options?
Is there a way to get the NoScript icon back on the Firefox toolbar?
My NS icon appeared right away after installing. Try a simple disable NS/enable NS then restart FFX....Also, on my default whitelist page, there is indeed a check-box next to "Scripts globally allowed (dangerous)" AND "Sanitize cross-site suspicious requests" (I am runnning macOS though, but that shouldn't matter as it is a Firefox/NS thing) - not sure why you are not getting a checkbox. A fresh clean install of V57 may be in order to get a fresh profile, then you can re-intall your addons, and re-import your bookmarks. That's what I did when V57 was released.

The WHITELIST ITSELF is interactive. That is where you select how you want to deal with each script. Hover over some of the icons in the list - the "tool-tips" will be self explanatory.

It's on a site by site basis (as it previously was).... it just looks different because the default whitelist "menu" does not come down from the toolbar icon (same as legacy), but NOW shows up as a page/list (when on a blank tab). So when you are at your blank/new(blank) tab and click on the NS icon, it shows the DEFAULT whitelist (previously you had to go into about:config to see the ENTIRE list as not all were pushed to the permanent whitelist shown in prefs.) There are some I don't see there like "about:newtab" and others of like sort, but I just installed it like 10 minutes ago. You can set any of those defaults to untrusted, but, I don't recommend it - although I did set google.com to untrusted. Then, when on any site, just click the NS icon in the toolbar, set which scripts to block/allow etc. It's not much different than the legacy version.

Hope this helps some..

[edited many times for clarity - I hurried up and it ended up costing me more time! ;) ]

Oh, here's a pic showing that I do indeed have those checkboxes:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
Plabby

Post by Plabby »

Yeah, I'm missing the check boxes you are showing.

There's no way to "Temporarily allow all this page."

I don't think the extension is where it needs to be. I'm going to uninstall it for now.

I trust they will let us know if we are losing features at some point.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

Plabby wrote:There's no way to "Temporarily allow all this page."
when you click on the NS icon in the toolbar you can click on "Trusted", but then click on the little clock next to it - then it will be a "temporary allow" trust. It will not be put into your permanent whitelist. Done.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
DrRabbit

Post by DrRabbit »

8-bit wrote:
Plabby wrote:There's no way to "Temporarily allow all this page."
when you click on the NS icon in the toolbar you can click on "Trusted", but then click on the little clock next to it - then it will be a "temporary allow" trust. It will not be put into your permanent whitelist. Done.
What they are saying is the same thing I posted in a different thread...
What everyone is saying is...

THERE'S NO ONE CLICK FOR ALLOW ALL THIS PAGE!!!

I understand you can click the NoScript icon, then give whatever is listed temporary permission, but you have to click EVERYTHING listed to give the whole page temporary permissions. Then you have to refresh it, and click temporary permissions for whatever else shows up. For example, visit http://video.foxnews.com/v/565325206200 ... show-clips and see how much crap you have to click temporary permissions on just to see the video.

Don't get me wrong... I'm extremely grateful the addon is still being worked on. It's always been my first addon install when putting FF on a new system. What a majority of the people are saying though, is that we miss the ONE click for ALLOW ALL THIS PAGE. Is it possible with the new FF? If not, please let us know now so we can look for something else.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
8-bit

Post by 8-bit »

What everyone is saying is...

THERE'S NO ONE CLICK FOR ALLOW ALL THIS PAGE!!!

I understand you can click the NoScript icon, then give whatever is listed temporary permission, but you have to click EVERYTHING listed to give the whole page temporary permissions. Then you have to refresh it, and click temporary permissions for whatever else shows up. For example, visit http://video.foxnews.com/v/565325206200 ... show-clips and see how much crap you have to click temporary permissions on just to see the video.

Don't get me wrong... I'm extremely grateful the addon is still being worked on. It's always been my first addon install when putting FF on a new system. What a majority of the people are saying though, is that we miss the ONE click for ALLOW ALL THIS PAGE. Is it possible with the new FF? If not, please let us know now so we can look for something else.
Been playing around with it for a few hours on many sites. I do not believe there is an "allow all this page" or "temporarily allow all this page". Seems to be on a script by script basis, BUT, don't take my word for it. Wait for barbaz or another admin to chime in. I personally see no option to do that like the legacy add-on did. I rarely used that, unless I absolutely could not get a page to work - but I can understand your frustration as it was a one click solution. I think it's going to be a no-go for that (right now), but like I said - I've only been testing it for about 5-6 hours.
Last edited by barbaz on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed suggestion to PM forum staff
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

AFAICT Temporarily allow all this page hasn't been ported over yet.
-
Laurens

Post by Laurens »

Ive donated to the NoScript project, but I must say I am disappointed with the state of v10 and how the migration in being handled...

I have no idea what is what is not supposed to work - is this available anywhere? I looked on NoScript website, but was unable to find.
Basic functions I cannot find:

Whitelist import?

Allow 2nd level domains?

Also - please use standard UI (e.g. not some custom snake for Settings / Options, but a gear icon would be better) - I see attempts have been made to improve the UI, but I wish that it had been run past someone with UI experience, because this is still far from user-friendly / intuitive :-s
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0
the name mike is already taken

Post by the name mike is already taken »

also I would like to first thank you for providing a new version of noscript. It have been some heavy weeks without it.
However I am not a fan of the current UI.
I very much prefer to old small icon and the list where I was able to quickly allow multiple scripts temporarily. That is what I used to do most of the last years.
Also I have not yet found the mentioned clock symbol to temporarily allow scripts.
So, thanks for the work. now please make pretty and easily usable.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

the name mike is already taken wrote:Also I have not yet found the mentioned clock symbol to temporarily allow scripts.
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 378#p91378
-