ABE vs. Discord application

Discussions about the Application Boundaries Enforcer (ABE) module
LigH

ABE vs. Discord application

Post by LigH »

The Discord application for Windows wants to authenticate the default web browser via a call which was blocked by ABE. I guess I could whitelist its domain manually. But this was already done a while ago, so I may not be able to recall it without a log...

It may be more convenient if NoScript offered a button in the warning popup to allow a call once. Is that related to the ABE option to allow websites having an own ruleset? This is disabled by default. Unfortunately, I doubt I can provoke this call again, once my browser got authenticated.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.3 Firefox/52.9 PaleMoon/27.5.1
LigH

Re: ABE vs. Discord application

Post by LigH »

Checked on a different PC. Apparently, the following addition just above the "Deny" line in the SYSTEM block allows Discord to authenticate:

Code: Select all

Site http://127.0.0.1:6463
Accept
Possible that it could get restricted even more.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.3 Firefox/52.9 PaleMoon/27.5.1
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

LigH wrote:Apparently, the following addition just above the "Deny" line in the SYSTEM block
That effectively disables the SYSTEM ruleset. Exceptions go *at the very top* of SYSTEM, above the default rule.
LigH wrote:Possible that it could get restricted even more.
Please check the Browser Console (Ctrl-Shift-J) when the issue happens and post here the message(s) from ABE.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
LigH

Post by LigH »

Well, now that my browser is authenticated, I don't know how to un-authenticate it to provoke this contact again.
Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.18
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Depending on how Discord works, it might be cookies, might be site settings.

I'd actually suggest removing the ABE rule altogether (or commenting it out), then using it until it breaks again, at which point we can help make a rule as narrow as possible.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0