How to subscribe by email to notifications of replies?

Discussion about the board itself, forums organization and site bugs.
libove

How to subscribe by email to notifications of replies?

Post by libove »

Hi, apologies if this has been recently discussed / fixed. I do see that it has come up in the past.
I do not see an option in my board profile to enable the board to send me email notifications when someone replies to one of my posts or to a threat to which I subscribe.
How do I set that up? .. as I rarely return to the board, and I would like to know when there is something new to come back and read.
thank you,
Jay
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0
barbaz

Re: How to subscribe by email to notifications of replies?

Post by barbaz »

For existing topic: while viewing the topic you want to watch, scroll to the bottom and click "Subscribe Topic".

For new topic, or if you're replying to an existing topic, scroll down to Options and check "Notify me when a reply is posted". If you want this option checked by default, change the setting in User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit posting defaults.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
libove

Re: How to subscribe by email to notifications of replies?

Post by libove »

Thank you. My question was whether this would produce an email to my real email address which I registered with my user profile on this board.
Since I received an email from the board about your reply, the answer is clearly yes :)
cheers,
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.62 Safari/537.36