[RESOLVED] Can't externally install other Firefox add-ons

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Wakakur

[RESOLVED] Can't externally install other Firefox add-ons

Post by Wakakur »

Hello, I'm new here but quite a long time NoScript user and admirer. Thank you very much for such a useful and powerful software. As I don't have a fast internet connection, my preferred way is to download Firefox add-ons first into the disk then install them manually via Firefox Add-ons Manager's "Install Add-on From File..." option. But after my last update to v5.0.9, my manual installations of any add-ons don't work anymore until I disable NoScript first temporarily. There is no pop-up anymore where Firefox asks the User if he wants to allow such an installation. In the Add-ons Manager's Extension tab, I have to click another tab then back to it to refresh it, and my intended add-on just have its icon and a seemingly progress bar button at the right with the label "Downloaded" and an X button to close it. Thanks and more power.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
barbaz

Re: Can't externally install other Firefox add-ons

Post by barbaz »

Works for me. Please try Standard Diagnostic to isolate and correct the real cause.

Let us know, thanks.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Wakakur

Post by Wakakur »

I went to that site, read the tips, and this what worked for me. It was really simple. I uninstalled NoScript completely by pressing the Remove button and re-installed it manually via the same "Install Add-on From File..." And my other downloaded add-ons (*.xpi) can be installed again that way. Thanks, Mr. barbaz! Looking back, when I have an existing add-on installed, I simply download a newer version of it and install that over the older one. I guess sometimes its better to uninstall-and-reinstall instead. Thanks again. :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome and thanks for reporting back. Image
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-