1.2.6.14 only finds .webm files on Youtube

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
glaucus

1.2.6.14 only finds .webm files on Youtube

Post by glaucus »

The previous version of Flashgot (1.5.6.13) works fine on YouTube. It normally finds around 20 file options to download. However, in the new version 1.5.6.14 (which typically automatically updates in Firefox), it only finds .webm files, typically around 2 to 4 files. No .mp4 files, so no way to download the video. I hope this bug is being worked on because every time I open my browser, I have to go to the Flashgot page and find the old version to install. Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
barbaz

Re: 1.2.6.14 only finds .webm files on Youtube

Post by barbaz »

glaucus wrote:every time I open my browser, I have to go to the Flashgot page and find the old version to install.
Tools > Add-ons Manager > FlashGot > More > Automatic Updates: Off

*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Robert Oot

Re: 1.2.6.14 only finds .webm files on Youtube

Post by Robert Oot »

glaucus wrote:The previous version of Flashgot (1.5.6.13) works fine on YouTube. It normally finds around 20 file options to download. However, in the new version 1.5.6.14 (which typically automatically updates in Firefox), it only finds .webm files, typically around 2 to 4 files. No .mp4 files, so no way to download the video. I hope this bug is being worked on because every time I open my browser, I have to go to the Flashgot page and find the old version to install. Thanks!
Yes, you'll see the webm downloads directly in the picklist, but you should also see "Available Formats."

If you open submenus: Available Formats >> DASH

You should see a whole bunch of download formats, including mp4.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0