ABE causing onreadystatechange errors in local app

Discussions about the Application Boundaries Enforcer (ABE) module
Foam Head

ABE causing onreadystatechange errors in local app

Post by Foam Head »

While working on a local web app, I occasionally see the following error in the FireBug console:

Code: Select all

onreadystatechange FAILS Error: Permission denied for <http://192.168.226.128> to call method UnnamedClass.handleEvent Error: Permission denied for <http://192.168.226.128> to call method UnnamedClass.handleEvent readystatechange 
I don't know what causes it to start happening, but I think it is related to doing stuff in other tabs. When all is working and I'm in my app's tab, I never spontaneously get this error. However, when I'm doing stuff in other tabs and then switch back to my app, I sometimes get three identical error messages when my app "does something". The one "something" I'm sure has caused this is loading content via an XMLHttpRequest and displaying it -- which oddly still works despite the error.

I believe this is ABE related for a couple of reasons, but the most damning is that once this kept occurring on every "something" I did, so I turned off ABE and the error messages stopped. Obviously 192.168.226.128 is a local address, so the default System rule allowing everything from Local is missing something.

Since I can't nail down exactly what causes this to occur, you may not be able to debug it. If so, where else can I look for more detailed debug info that could help you?

I'm using Windows XP SP3, FireFox 3.5.1, FireBug 1.4.0, and NoScript 1.9.7.

Thanks,
-Foam
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: ABE causing onreadystatechange errors in local app

Post by Giorgio Maone »

That error message is almost surely not from your page nor from NoScript, even though ABE's presence may be triggering it.
Furthermore, it is not due to NoScript blocking anything, and as you can see from the page's standpoint nothing bad is happening.
My suspect is the message actually coming from Firebug which gets somehow confused by ABE.
Could you check disabling it?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Foam Head

Re: ABE causing onreadystatechange errors in local app

Post by Foam Head »

Good call on this being a FireBug/FireFox issue. I found onreadystatechange-error in 1.4.0b7 with FF 3.5 posted in the FireBug Google Group. I upgraded to FireBug 1.4.1 so hopefully I'll never see this anymore.

Thanks!
-Foam
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)