Chat #1

Discussion about the board itself, forums organization and site bugs.
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Chat #1

Post by Alan Baxter »

Edit: Split from http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2072
I don't want to keep bumping that topic.
therube wrote:(guest is a guest & so cannot post in most other forums, though he could actually sign up)
Lady tricked me into it. I was just following orders. It's all her fault!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1
Grumpy Old Lady

Re: Evil Ad Techniques on the Noscript page

Post by Grumpy Old Lady »

Alan Baxter wrote:
therube wrote:(guest is a guest & so cannot post in most other forums, though he could actually sign up)
Lady tricked me into it. I was just following orders. It's all her fault!
Oooh, I did not trick him! Alan Baxter's a big narstey snitch. I just arsked real nice and polite.
This seems like a good thread to wreck with chat now ;-)
Temperature here is an unseasonally cool 13C and the geese have gone off the lay. I may well have to ask a rotten bank for finance - again! - if they don't produce soon.
How's the summer mountains over there?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

Grumpy Old Lady wrote:How's the summer mountains over there?
They look cool and snowy from Denver, but it's been 90F every day here. Couple of tornadoes in Englewood and Lakewood Monday night, but no injuries or structures damaged. Darn trailer parks keep attracting them!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1
Grumpy Old Lady

Alan Baxter wrote: They look cool and snowy from Denver, but it's been 90F every day here. Couple of tornadoes in Englewood and Lakewood Monday night, but no injuries or structures damaged. Darn trailer parks keep attracting them!
Trailer parks, equivalent to what we call caravan parks here?: once for very short term/transient occupation, now more as the low rent end of town?
We get seasonal winter gales here, right off the Antarctic anticyclone stream. Being around 20 km inland, much of the sting is out of them by the time they reach us - however there's a trend towards coastal clearing of native vegetation and we've seen some very nasty twisters uprooting 300yo trees in recent years.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Post by Alan Baxter »

Grumpy Old Lady wrote:Trailer parks, equivalent to what we call caravan parks here?: once for very short term/transient occupation, now more as the low rent end of town?
Wikipedia says caravan parks is an RV park. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_parks usually consist of "mobile homes" which aren't really all that mobile. They get delivered to the trailer park and pretty much stay there until they rust or are blown away.
Grumpy Old Lady

The definition is getting blurred here. Itinerant fruit pickers were the main residents once. More and more people are setting up permanent residence in them now - generally with fake plastic fences and all. Local government usually relaxes planning standards for the slums, no matter what form they take :-/
Can't have exploitation without a good collection of exploitable, I always say ;-)

Must get out and attend to the flock now. brrrr, I don't like the cold; we only get a couple of months of it here - mediterranean climate - and that's more than enough for me.
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Chat #1

Post by Alan Baxter »

What cold? 13C? It gets down near that most every night from our high of 32C during the day. We welcome the relief. And saves money on the AC.
Grumpy Old Lady

Re: Chat #1

Alan Baxter wrote:Edit: Split from http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2072
I don't want to keep bumping that topic.
I apologise for bending my own fairly strict ITT* rule, but in this case I was sort of testing the waters to check how lasting the VP smear has been - ie respond and see how many lurkers were still around.
Unfortunately, I am so moderatorly challenged that I had no clue that unregistered posters stuff couldn't be moved.

whine
Anyway, you responded nice and lightly too, and so did therube. I hate to see the last post being a serious one like it is now. Trashing with a hijack is always much better for rubbish topics if they have already got bumped a few times.
/whine
:-))

*Ignore The Troll
Alan Baxter
Ambassador

Re: Chat #1

Post by Alan Baxter »

Grumpy Old Lady wrote:Trashing with a hijack is always much better for rubbish topics if they have already got bumped a few times.
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. The alt.folklore.urban newsgroup has a tradition of posting recipes in that case.