[SUGG] Sub-white-list for plugins

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Exagone313

[SUGG] Sub-white-list for plugins

Post by Exagone313 »

Hi,

Here is my problem: if I enable a website to use Javascript with NoScript, it also allows it to use the plugins, like Flash.
I want to have a second white-list under the Javascript's one, that would disable plugins and their detection using:

Code: Select all

navigator.mimeTypes["application/x-shockwave-flash"]
navigator.plugins
This functionality would be useful for websites that use HTML5 built-in video player as a fallback, with Flash by default: Firefox asks me if I want to enable Flash (click-to-play). So I have to let Flash disabled, to get the fallback. And then, if I want to use Flash, I enable it (with the click-to-play option and built-in white-list), and this is for every tabs.
I didn't find any add-on that blocks the detection thing (I sent a message to Flashblock devs) and I don't know which of my add-ons should implement this.
It may not fit well with NoScript (but having too many blockers slows down the navigator). In this case, I'd like to know if another add-on do this, or if you would be happy to have this in another add-on, and finally what can I read to start to make such Firefox add-on.

Thanks for your consideration.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.8.1
barbaz

Re: [SUGG] Sub-white-list for plugins

Post by barbaz »

Try this

about:config
right-click > create new > string
name: noscript.surrogate.ihasnoplugins.replacement
value:

for(let propName of ['plugins','mimeTypes']){Object.defineProperty(window.navigator, propName, {configurable: true, enumerable: true, value:{}})}
right-click > create new > string
name: noscript.surrogate.ihasnoplugins.sources
value is @ followed by sites where you don't want plugin detected - example:

@.youtube.com noscript.net .example.com
Last edited by barbaz on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: oops
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Exagone313

Post by Exagone313 »

But noscript.surrogate.ihasnoplugins.replacement === noscript.surrogate.ihasnoplugins.replacement. Typo? - It is definitely what I'm looking for. Even with a blacklist.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.8.1
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Exagone313 wrote:But noscript.surrogate.ihasnoplugins.replacement === noscript.surrogate.ihasnoplugins.replacement. Typo?
Image Fixed above, thanks.
Exagone313 wrote:It is definitely what I'm looking for. Even with a blacklist.
Want to use that in whitelist mode? You can if you create also a .exceptions pref, I think it'd works like this:
set noscript.surrogate.ihasnoplugins.sources to @*
create noscript.surrogate.ihasnoplugins.exceptions as above, set its value to contain space-separated list of domains you don't want the surrogate running on (prefix a domain with a dot to include all its subdomains too)

See https://hackademix.net/2009/01/25/surro ... analytics/ for more details how to set this stuff up.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-