Tome of Knowledge for prefix & regex

General discussion about web technology.
wxman1

Tome of Knowledge for prefix & regex

Post by wxman1 »

Where do I find that laid out; I'm not getting how that's being implemented, e.g., ^https?://some\.site\.com/.*

I understand the first ? to be a single pattern-match char. The above would intimate there's some protocol beyond https. :?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
barbaz

Re: Tome of Knowledge for prefix & regex

Post by barbaz »

This tutorial should help you understanding regex.

Moving to Web Tech because this isn't specifically about NoScript.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
wxman1

Post by wxman1 »

That's a fascinating perspective.

Qwexion:

the Firefox preference noscript.surrogate.popunder.sources has the value @^http:\/\/[\w\-\.]+\.[a-z]+ wyciwyg:

Can anybody tell me what that value means?

Or does this post get shoveled off to a different board; its not germane to where it is now.

:twisted:
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0 SeaMonkey/2.39
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

wxman1 wrote:the Firefox preference noscript.surrogate.popunder.sources has the value @^http:\/\/[\w\-\.]+\.[a-z]+ wyciwyg:

Can anybody tell me what that value means?
The "@" means match script-allowed *pages* (see https://hackademix.net/2011/09/29/scrip ... reference/), and the rest means match against that regex and wyciwyg: scheme (the space separation means it's two different patterns).
wxman1 wrote:Or does this post get shoveled off to a different board; its not germane to where it is now.
I don't know what you mean.. Image
Are you asking your post to be split to a new thread in a different forum?
-
wxman1

Post by wxman1 »

You don't know what I mean?

Really.

I've been very polite. You've done nothing but mess with me; it seems as if you don't want the people to know this or that. So, which is it?

I apologize for stepping afoul - not knowing - of those things that if you knew, you'd not even post it that way.

I'm sorry. That's my story; I'm stickin' to it.

:D
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

wxman1 wrote:You've done nothing but mess with me; it seems as if you don't want the people to know this or that. So, which is it?

I apologize for stepping afoul - not knowing - of those things that if you knew, you'd not even post it that way.

I'm sorry. That's my story; I'm stickin' to it.

:D
Utter nonsense / drivel. Kindly don't post here when you're that "high". For the record, none of us are messing with you at all nor are we trying to hide information from you.

And I really don't know what you mean, and apparently I don't fully understand your question(s) here either. :|
-
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

wxman1 wrote: I've been very polite.
I'm sure barbaz was trying to respond very politely.

As you may or may not have noticed, he moved this thread to the Web Tech forum. That wasn't a criticism for asking the question, nor was it a refusal to answer; it was just good filing. We're quite happy to field off-topic questions; we just might move them to somewhere they can be on-topic.

Perhaps what bothered you was that barbaz replied by simply providing a link to a regex tutorial? If you feel that that was too abrupt, consider that the linked tutorial is actually a much longer and more comprehensive answer than we would be qualified to give ourselves.

As far as I can see, barbaz and therube adequately answered all your questions, particularly if you followed their links, so I don't see a cause for your complaint.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0