stupid require.js at rottentomatoes breaks surrogate

Proposals for new surrogate scripts, updates/bug fixes to existing ones, tips and tricks to work around the lazy web.
wxman1

stupid require.js at rottentomatoes breaks surrogate

Post by wxman1 »

At rottentomatoes, this:
<script type="text/javascript" src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/require.js/2.1.16/require.js"></script>
<script>
require.config({paths:{jquery:"https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/j ... jquery.min"}});
</script>

bla bla bla...

<script>
require.config({baseUrl:"//d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/js/",waitSeconds:60,config:{text:{useXhr:function(C,D,B,A){return true}}},paths:{facebook:"//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all",backbone:"//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/backbone.js/1.2.1/backbone-min",bootstrap:"//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/twitter-bootstrap/3.3.4/js/bootstrap.min",clamp:"lib/clamp.min",device:"//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/device.js/0.2.7/device.min",marionette:"//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/backbone.marionette/2.4.3/backbone.marionette.min",moment:"//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/moment.js/2.10.6/moment.min",slick:["//cdn.jsdelivr.net/jquery.slick/latest/slick.min","lib/slick.min"],jqueryui:"//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.11.4/jquery-ui.min",text:"//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/require-text/2.0.12/text.min",typeahead:["//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/typeahead.js/0.10.5/typeahead.bundle.min",],underscore:"//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/underscore.js/1.8.3/underscore-min",select2:"//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/select2/3.5.2/select2.min",jwplayer:"//jwpsrv.com/library/1h4VDLs_EeOAlSIACi0I_Q",googletag:"//www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt",d ... trap:{deps:["jquery"]},clamp:{deps:["jquery"],exports:"$clamp"},slick:{deps:["jquery"],exports:"slick"},text:{deps:["backbone"]},marionette:{deps:["jquery","underscore","backbone"],exports:"Marionette"},jwplayer:{exports:"jwplayer"},select2:{deps:["jquery"]},"domReady!":{exports:"domReady!"},facebook:{exports:"FB"},scrollTo:{deps:["jquery"]},"jquery-cookie":{deps:["jquery"]},jqueryui:{deps:["jquery"]},touchSwipe:{deps:["jquery"]},typeahead:{deps:["jquery","bootstrap"],exports:"typeahead"},swiper:{deps:["jquery"]},nouislider:{deps:["jquery"]},readmore:{deps:["jquery"]},dotdotdot:{deps:["jquery"]},googletag:{deps:["//optimizedby.openx.com/meta-rt.min.js"],exports:"googletag"}}});</script>

tons of bla+bla+bla and more bla bla bla
is breaking my local hosted jQuery, i.e.,

noscript.surrogate.jquery.sources ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/*.*.*/jquery.min.js
noscript.surrogate.jqueryUI.sources ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/*.*.*/jquery-ui.min.js

Both files are hosted locally, are the latest and work fine on other jQuery invoking sites. If I enable ajax.googleapis.com in NS, then the desired functionality at rottentomatoes is available, e.g., in Movies & DVD, any of the sub-categories, it doesn't load the thumbnails.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
barbaz

Re: stupid require.js at rottentomatoes breaks surrogate

Post by barbaz »

Is it fetching the script by XMLHttpRequest and running it from there, or dynamically injecting a script element to the page?
Does playing with about:config > noscript.fakeScriptLoadEvents.* prefs change anything?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
wxman1

Post by wxman1 »

Can't quote the previous post: Ooops, looks like you're spamming!
wxman1

Post by wxman1 »

Fine. :evil: We'll go around you. :arrow:
barbaz wrote:Does playing with about:config > noscript.fakeScriptLoadEvents.* prefs change anything?
Nope. Both prefs, i.e., loadevents.enabled and loadevents.onlyRequire.JS were both enabled. Enabling one, the other, or both had no effect.

@Babaz, the web-site thinks your first sentance is spam; it can't be posted in any form. :twisted: :?: :shock: :?

The answer to your qwexion is dunno. I'll have to dig into how require.js implements the parameter {paths:{jquery:"https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/j ... jquery.min"}} to the function require.config()
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

wxman1 wrote:Can't quote the previous post: Ooops, looks like you're spamming!
Right, we all know that I am one of those awesome security software firefox pesky spammers and should have been permanently banned a long time ago... :lol: :roll:

You can send any active Moderator (currently me, GµårÐïåñ, therube, or Thrawn) a PM of what you want to post and we will try to post it for you.
wxman1 wrote:Nope. Both prefs, i.e., loadevents.enabled and loadevents.onlyRequire.JS were both enabled. Enabling one, the other, or both had no effect.
OK. So what about this:
barbaz wrote:Is it fetching the script by XMLHttpRequest and running it from there, or dynamically injecting a script element to the page?
Because if it does fetch the script by XHR then yes would require the destination site (Temp-)Allowed in NS - surrogate functionality is not a proxy equivalent by any means, and it's not possible to tell with certainty what the contents of an XHR destination will be until after it's happened.

Firefox's built-in dev tools (Tools > Web Development ?) should be able to help you find this out - start by watch the Net requests and/or search the live DOM.

EDIT Sorry, posted this before I saw your edit. I don't think you'll have to dig through the JS.
-
wxman1

Post by wxman1 »

In my OP, the first two <script> tags 'splains how its doin' it, i.e., it invokes require.JS, and passes path to jQuery.JS as a parameter to require.config().

The second <script> tag references require.config() parameters, which embedded deeply in the midst of that horror is the path to jQuery-UI

How do I discern XHR in the browser console?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

IIRC it should say "XHR" after the request type?
(If the Firefox built-in dev tools aren't enough, you can install Firebug.)
-
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Have you tried adding .rottentomatoes.com to the sources value of your local jQuery surrogate? Just separate it from the existing sources with a space.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0