Integrating ABE with RequestPolicy

Talk about internet security, computer security, personal security, your social security number...
barbaz

Re: Integrating ABE with RequestPolicy

Post by barbaz »

*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Re: µMatrix thread

Post by Thrawn »

barbaz wrote: Also, µMatrix doesn't have the ability to dynamically monitor the NoScript whitelist & tempwhitelist and construct rules based on that... IMO that sort of thing is better left up to a dedicated addon like SABER (or as a part of NS itself).
Ah. The ability to construct rules based on the NoScript whitelist and blacklist already exists in the alpha version of SABER, and yes, I agree that it has value (especially given the original CSRF-oriented purpose of ABE).

I'd be happy to focus on enabling extra ABE syntax. Maybe I could also implement the SELF* syntax that I was thinking about, (Accept from SELF* = Accept from everything on the Site line). I never did get far with the graphical interface design.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
yes_noscript

Post by yes_noscript »

barbaz wrote:My opinion is that dropping SABER in favor of µMatrix is a bad idea and will result in lost functionality, but I think the scope of SABER maybe worth re-evaluated to be more focused on the NoScript integration side, rather than "general" rule-making.
Fully agree.

Maybe as "workaround" (if it is possible) SABER opereates as a "bridge" between NoScript and µMatrix? So make using both addons to work better together.
Just as a idea if you say SABER need a lot of work and you like µMatrix.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151116 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.8.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

That's almost certainly technically possible... but it's better for SABER to not require dependency on another addon aside from NoScript, plus µMatrix is (in gorhill's own words) "for advanced users", while SABER is originally intended to be accessible to intermediate users.
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-