no scripts with a proxy server

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Artomus

no scripts with a proxy server

Post by Artomus »

Hi
I have recently stated using a proxy server because the government collects our meta data.

How can i make no scripts work going through a proxy server. Some site don't work, for example Uploaded.net no matter
what i do i can download from that site. I don't seem to be able to temporarily allow the site within the proxy server.
I get redirected to to shorte or some other site like that,

I hope this makes sence and thank you
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
barbaz

Re: no scripts with a proxy server

Post by barbaz »

Artomus wrote:How can i make no scripts work going through a proxy server. Some site don't work, for example Uploaded.net no matter
what i do i can download from that site. I don't seem to be able to temporarily allow the site within the proxy server.
Check the value of
NoScript Options > Advanced > HTTPS > Permissions > Forbid active web content unless it comes from a secure (HTTPS) connection
Artomus wrote:I get redirected to to shorte or some other site like that,
What do you mean? Can you give more details?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
-
Artomus

Post by Artomus »

Thanks barbaz

This "NoScript Options > Advanced > HTTPS > Permissions > Forbid active web content unless it comes from a secure (HTTPS) connection" is set
to "never"

RE get redirected to to shorte or some other site like that,

I go to a site, lets say i want to download a picture, i click on the thumb, i am redirected to Shorte, wich is basically
a blank page and thats it. If I don't use a proxy then it will work i get to see a picture and be able to download it
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
dhouwn
Bug Buster

Post by dhouwn »

What exactly is the proxy doing or supposed to do? What type of Proxy, HTTP/Socks/transparent?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0