Delay pausing youtube videos on facebook wall

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
andrea.ippo

Delay pausing youtube videos on facebook wall

Post by andrea.ippo »

I'm using FF 3.5 with NoScript 1.9.5 on a WXP Pro SP3 equipped PC

Whatever youtube video I try to pause on my facebook wall, it gets actually paused with 1 second delay or so.
I've disabled all my add ons and reactivated them one by one until I found out this is caused by noscript.
So I've tried resetting all noscript's preferences and restarting the browser, but it didn't help.

I've also created a new profile with just noscript installed and nothing else, with the default settings (I only allowed the execution of all the scripts in the facebook wall page, nothing more than this)
Same problem.

Completely disabling the extension gives the expected behavior, i.e. instant pausing.

PS: if it can help, this doesn't happen with "native" facebook videos (the ones which are uploaded by fb users directly on fb servers)

Thanks for attention and for the great addon
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; it; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Delay pausing youtube videos on facebook wall

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Please try to uncheck NoScript Options|Advanced|Plugins|ClearClick protection on pages... [x] trusted.
If it cures the symptom, please give me the exact URL where it happens.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
andrea.ippo

Post by andrea.ippo »

Yes, that did it!
Regarding the URL, it only happens on my facebook wall.
In fact, when I watch the video from the youtube page, pausing is immediate also with that checkbox checked, so I don't think that posting the URL of the youtube videos can be of any help, the problem seems to be related to the embedding itself rather than to the video

Tell me if I can provide some other info

Thanks
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; it; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

The same happens(*) to me at Amazon Music on the Flash controls (Preview All/Pause toggle).

URL: Amazon.com Music - Jethro Tull: Thick as a Brick

Amazon.com not allowed
All ClearClick & Opaque settings enabled (checked)

Press Preview All (Flash button)
(notice delay)
Press Pause
(notice delay)

repeat ...
(*) So now that I go to verify, it does not happen. But from memory, it always used to happen. Knowing that, I would open Options & uncheck all the ClearClick & Opaque settings. Later, I'll have to check to see if it still happens on my other computer (from where I would typically surf Amazon). (And in the same way center-clicking the AdblockPlus icon, to enable/disable it, was always slow to react in SeaMonkey 2, but that too I'm not seeing here, now.)

Actually, you can see this to some extent.

Amazon.
Click Preview All. (you will note there is a slight delay - the first time clicked)
Pause. (no delay)
Preview All. (no delay)
Pause. (no delay)

Now jump to a different window/tab.
Jump back to Amazon.
Click Preview All. (you will note there is a again a slight delay)

Now toggle the ClearClick settings & perform the same test. With ClearClick disabled, there will be no delay in the Preview/Pause when returning back to the Amazon page.

(Note that when toggling ClearClick settings you may need to refresh the page.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Actually, you can see this to some extent.

Amazon.
Click Preview All. (you will note there is a slight delay - the first time clicked)
Pause. (no delay)
Preview All. (no delay)
Pause. (no delay)

Now jump to a different window/tab.
Jump back to Amazon.
Click Preview All. (you will note there is a again a slight delay)

Now toggle the ClearClick settings & perform the same test. With ClearClick disabled, there will be no delay in the Preview/Pause when returning back to the Amazon page.

(Note that when toggling ClearClick settings you may need to refresh the page.)
Yes, this should be easily observable.

from memory, it always used to happen. Knowing that, I would open Options & uncheck all the ClearClick & Opaque settings. Later, I'll have to check to see if it still happens on my other computer (from where I would typically surf Amazon).
It always used to happen with each Preview/Pause action - even without changing focus to a different window. Now it only happens as described above. Not sure offhand whether it was a change in NoScript or perhaps a change in the coding at Amazon that it works "better" now (but still not "right").

And in the same way center-clicking the AdblockPlus icon, to enable/disable it, was always slow to react in SeaMonkey 2, but that too I'm not seeing here, now.
That issues does still exist in the particular SeaMonkey 2 Profile that I am using now. (But then I did at one time have this too, Right-Click Context Menu Slow & Heavy.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1pre) Gecko/20090617 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre