New tab (ctrl-t) and focus (noscript 1.9.5)

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Obikar

New tab (ctrl-t) and focus (noscript 1.9.5)

Post by Obikar »

Updated to noscript 1.9.5 the other day and soon noticed the following:

When opening a new tab, sometimes focus does not go to the url bar. I will have to tab or click to enter a url.

I disabled noscript and everything for new tabs/focus worked fine. Re-enabled and the second tab I opened, had cursor focus was not in the url bar.

A single press of the tab key puts focus in the correct spot, but this is a touch annoying first thing in the morning when I am opening all my news tabs.

Thanks
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
therube
Ambassador

Re: New tab (ctrl-t) and focus (noscript 1.9.5)

Post by therube »

What do you have a New Tab opening as? To a web page or about:blank or ?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17
Obikar

Post by Obikar »

My loading page is about:blank
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

I worked around a problem with the NewTabURL extension in latest development build 1.9.5.1.
Maybe it was related. Could you check if your problem persists?
Last edited by GµårÐïåñ on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected 1.5.9.1 to 1.9.5.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Obikar

Post by Obikar »

Giorgio Maone wrote:I worked around a problem with the NewTabURL extension in latest development build 1.5.9.1.
Maybe it was related. Could you check if your problem persists?
Tried it. Problem still exists. Second tab I opened focus was not in url bar. Tried several more tabs (visiting various sites) before it occured again (maybe 7th tab or so). Appears slightly random.

Appears slightly more often when immediately after auto-complete of a url and the following enter, I immediately hit ctrl-t for a new tab (previous page just barely loaded/still initially loading). I type a bit fast...
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

If you disable NoScript does the problem subside?

I have two computers. One modest though acceptable. The other, slow & overburdened.
When I first open my browser, I typically load a select number of sites (8) into my first window.
I do this manually...

Code: Select all

start typing a URL
drop down via the autocomplete
hit return

BAM

Ctrl+T to new tab

repeat the same procedure ... 7 more times
On my modest computer, this happens quickly & without incident.
be, down-arrow, return, ctrl+t, fre, down-arrow, return, ctrl+t, non, down-arrow, return, ctrl+t, win., down-arrow, return, ctrl+t, ...

On my slow computer, I have to pause & wait between sites, as it looses the "buffer", so the characters that I've "typed" never actually end up in the URL bar, so nothing loads.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1pre) Gecko/20090617 SeaMonkey/2.0b1pre
Obikar

Post by Obikar »

therube wrote:If you disable NoScript does the problem subside?

I have two computers. One modest though acceptable. The other, slow & overburdened.
When I first open my browser, I typically load a select number of sites (8) into my first window.
I do this manually...

Code: Select all

start typing a URL
drop down via the autocomplete
hit return

BAM

Ctrl+T to new tab

repeat the same procedure ... 7 more times
On my modest computer, this happens quickly & without incident.
be, down-arrow, return, ctrl+t, fre, down-arrow, return, ctrl+t, non, down-arrow, return, ctrl+t, win., down-arrow, return, ctrl+t, ...

On my slow computer, I have to pause & wait between sites, as it looses the "buffer", so the characters that I've "typed" never actually end up in the URL bar, so nothing loads.
Yes, if I disable NoScript the problem goes away/cannot be duplicated. It only appears to occur when I do the above 'code' very quickly, which is what I typically do first thing in the morning (I don't know why typing the urls is nicer than having a 'morning startup' bookmark folder, but it is...)
Obikar

Post by Obikar »

And as a slight update, opened at least one tab, got a few characters of the url typed in and then focus was lost. Only been able to do that once though, has not repeated as of yet.

-- Obikar