Can you even be serious?

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
MagesticMountains

Can you even be serious?

Post by MagesticMountains »

Every certain amount of times I shut my browser down and restart it, I get a popup to this informaction page?
Is this not a popup ad? Why do I get this? How do I stop this?
Do you think that is a little silly forcing that when we are using noscript to try to prevent such a thing? But you have embedded it into the browser to popup this webpage?
And I have to allow google scripts just to sign up here with some silly login to ask this? I have to do captchas and takes 5 minutes? Have you lost the plot?
Im kind of over this right about now you killed my buzz and ruined my music time.
NOT HAPPY!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
barbaz

Re: Can you even be serious?

Post by barbaz »

maybe you want
about:config -> set noscript.firstRunRedirection to false
(edit) *or*, if you prefer to use the GUI,
noscript options -> notifications -> un-check "display the release notes on updates"? (/edit)

if that doesn't work, please post here the exact URL of one of these popups
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0 SeaMonkey/2.27a2
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

i think i know what the problem is.. you have your browser set to automatically update "noscript" and, when it is updated, and, then, when you restart your browser, it "displays the (noscript) release notes on updates", which opens the "noscript" webpage, which is what you are complaining about..

"noscript" has been updated several times, recently.. every time it is automatically updated, on your computer, when you restart your browser, you are seeing "display the release notes on updates," which is what you are complaining about..

as "barbaz" pointed out, there is an option to disable "display the (noscript) release notes on updates"..

there also is an option to disable automatic updates for "noscript", in your browser's settings for "add-ons".. personally, i disable automatic updates for addons..

("display the (noscript) release notes on updates" doesn't bug me, so i don't disable/untick the setting for that)..
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

redwolfe_98 wrote:there also is an option to disable automatic updates for "noscript", in your browser's settings for "add-ons"..
to disable automatic updates for all add-ons:
Tools -> Add-ons Manager -> gear icon -> un-check "Update add-ons automatically"

to disable automatic updates just for noscript:
Tools -> Add-ons Manager -> NoScript -> More -> set Automatic Updates: Off
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0 SeaMonkey/2.27a2
MagesticMountains

Post by MagesticMountains »

In Ad-ons/noscript "more", it had automatic updates set to Default.
I turned it off, and will wait to see if this happens again.
But it doesn't seem to me it was checking for any updates, simply popping up the noscript home page with the donation button.
As if to remind me to "pay". I will wait to see if this rectified it.
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

It will still display the release notes page after you manually update it,
unless you go to Options - Notifications and switch this off as suggested above.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Eardrum

Post by Eardrum »

You might want to keep automatic updates on (i.e. default). All Firefox add-ons are automatically updated by default, and for a security add-on it is especially important to stay up to date.

The release notes page won't show up anymore if you untick the other box people talked about in this thread, so your concern will be fixed.