[Resolved] Can't see images even with "allow all scripts"

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
barbaz

Re: Can't see images even with "allow all scripts"

Post by barbaz »

Is "googleapis.com" in Untrusted?
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26
ironiccoinskort

Post by ironiccoinskort »

How do I see what's "untrusted"? There is a "Whitelist" in my NoScript "Options", but I don't see anyplace with an untrusted 'list'. I can mark a given page as untrusted, but can't see what else is on the list.
Thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You can either check about:config -> noscript.untrusted , or go to a page that calls the googleapis script and check NoScript menu -> Untrusted, where you would see Allow and Temporarily allow each-untrusted-domain.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0 SeaMonkey/2.29a1
ironiccoinskort

I went to about:config and it _does_ have googleapis on noscript-untrusted. It also has a lot of other not-so-bad-seeming things listed---googleanalytics and twitter and a bunch of other things. Can I just delete that whole noscript-untrusted line? When I went to about:config it said I might be messing with my computer's warranty if I change something important...
Thanks.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

haha mozilla is free software so there's no warranty to void :roll:

Well, do you want to clear out your entire Untrusted list? If so, just right-click its entry in about:config and select "Reset". Shouldn't hurt anything, but if you're concerned about it you can first use the "Export" button that is specific to the NoScript Options -> Whitelist (*not* the one on the very bottom of the Options window) to back up your current Untrusted list (and whitelist too).
(I don't know if you'll need to restart the browser or reload all your open pages for the change to fully take effect.)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0 SeaMonkey/2.29a1
ironiccoinskort

Aha!! That did it. I reset the 'untrusted' list and restarted my browser, and now I can see The Onion images if I "temporarily allow all on page". Thanks so much! Any idea how all those sites came to be 'untrusted' in the first place? I guess I know how to fix it if it happens again. Hopefully this will help with the other sites where "allow"ing didn't seem to work. (I just checked the photoshop download page and that button is visible as well. Hooray!)

Thanks so much for your help!!
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

ironiccoinskort wrote:Any idea how all those sites came to be 'untrusted' in the first place?
Not really, no. Most likely someone other than you who doesn't know what they're doing marked the sites as Untrusted through the menu.
ironiccoinskort wrote:I guess I know how to fix it if it happens again.
http://noscript.net/faq#qa3_10 might be a better way to fix it going forward...
ironiccoinskort

Ok, will do. Many thanks, once more!