Unknown Noscript about:config pref

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
Po

Unknown Noscript about:config pref

Post by Po »

Hi,

I'm making a new profile for Firefox 29 since a bunch of changes have occurred. I'm almost done going over about:config. One of the remaining issues is capability.policy.maonoscript.javascript.enabled, set to "allAccess" in my old profile while the pref is absent in my new.

What is it for ? What are its possible values ?

Also, if anyone knows where Firefox developers put their documentation on what about:config does, that would be great.

It's getting harder and harder to figure out what does what now that kb.mozillazine.org is getting out of date and Firefox changes so fast.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Po

Re: Unknown Noscript about:config pref

Post by Po »

on what about:config does
Sorry, I meant "on what about:config preferences do".

kb.mozillazine.org used to be pretty complete or reliable but that was years ago. It fell behind at Firefox 4 and now is almost irrelevant.

There is a fine list here: http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_10.html
But it is incomplete. I believe only the official documentation used by Firefox developers would make it now, but I don't know where to find it.
redwolfe_98

Post by redwolfe_98 »

Po wrote:One of the issues is "capability.policy.maonoscript.javascript.enabled", set to "allAccess" in my old profile while the pref is absent in my new "about:config"
i am not seeing anything like that setting, "capability.policy.maonoscript.javascript.enabled", in my "about:config".. my advice is to just forget about it..

maybe it is a custom-setting that someone, somewhere, recommended, and so you added it to "about:config", in the past..
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

capability.policy.maonoscript.javascript.enabled is related to the old CAPS-based system noscript used to use
if it's not in your new profile it's probably not needed at all in Gecko >= 29
redwolfe_98 wrote:i am not seeing anything like that setting, "capability.policy.maonoscript.javascript.enabled", in my "about:config"..
...because in Gecko < 29 all capability.* prefs are hidden in about:config, and you're on 24
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26
Po

Post by Po »

I see, thanks. There's good info on CAPS and capabilities.* preferences here: http://www-archive.mozilla.org/projects ... olicy.html

Do you know how I can check them if they are hidden from about:config ? Is it in some file in the profile directory ?

And most importantly if anyone here knows where Firefox devs hide their doc on about:config prefs, please do share :)
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Po wrote:Do you know how I can check them if they are hidden from about:config ? Is it in some file in the profile directory ?
you're using firefox 29 so you can just check them in about:config
for older versions... I ended up making my own addon to view all capability.* prefs
it's possible though to check for *any* user-set preferences by looking at prefs.js in your profile directory (shut down firefox first)
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26

Post by Guest »

you're using firefox 29 so you can just check them in about:config
Oh, right :D

I only have

Code: Select all

capability.policy.default.SOAPCall.invokeVerifySourceHeader (set as default value "allAccess")
capability.policy.maonoscript.sites
So I thought a bunch of defaults were hidden. Thanks again :)