"NoScript users are stupid!"

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: "NoScript users are stupid!"

Post by Tom T. »

The Flash Cookie Remover®, in an evolved version, is available here for Windows users (most versions) who would like to uninstall Better Privacy®, one of the add-ons produced by the developer who is the subject of this thread.

To replace the two other functions of BP:
The blocking of <a ping...>, use NoScript > Options > Untrusted > check "Forbid <a ping...>", and in > Trusted, uncheck "Allow <a ping...>".
To disable DOM storage, go to about:config, enter dom.s in the Filter bar, and double-click "dom.storage.enabled" to toggle it to False.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard
ashrc4

Post by ashrc4 »

Rube you've been a little anti NS in the past.
Either downplaying or negating it's nessecitey.
This feels like you haven't quite finnished your mission to me. :roll:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090715 Firefox/3.5.1 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
luntrus

Post by luntrus »

Hi Tom T,

That is a very good advice by you about using Flash Cookie Remover add-on. Thanks for the heads-up. For the BetterPrivacy one caused all sorts of compatibility issues for me - for instance with the use of DrWeb's av link checker plug-in etc.. That was the reason I have abandoned this extension in a much earlier phase for a complete different reason as posters in this thread have. Super Cookies are a problem that should be tackled for they reside on your hard disk and you better go without some of them.
For not getting off-topic I like to address here the fact that we cannot downplay the use of NS too much, because it is such a vital component of your in-browser security in Fx.
But there could be another explanation for therube's views on this. It is the same with security experts not using general av or fw while they SafeHex and know how to protect with other layers of protection so they can lack the protection we "the average nanny and granny and normal mortals" need, but this is pure speculation on my part, and I like to hear this issue explained in therube's own words from him,

luntrus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/531.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) Iron/3.0.189.0 Safari/531.0
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

Hi luntrus,

You're actually the first person to tell me they're using it. I kind of stopped any further development for lack of response. So I'd be very grateful to know how it works for you, especially on your different browsers and configurations. And please forward any suggestions for improvements or enhances, and of course any bugs that you find.

Strictly speaking, it's not an add-on, but rather a separate mini-app (batch script) that does *not* run automatically when you leave a flash site or close the browser. So please have a convenient shortcut or access to it, and remember to click it when you leave a Flash site. Looking forward to your further feedback. Thank you very much for writing.

Tom T.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard