ABE Blocks Bing.com

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
nagan

Re: ABE Blocks Bing.com

Post by nagan »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:In all fairness though, IE8 in many ways surpasses Fx and Opera right now and they did a good job listening to what was missing and fixing it. To be honest, right now my loyalty to Fx is a matter of honor and principle and IE8 in our test environment has shown to be quite formidable. Its faster, its lighter, its better integrated and the features are plentiful without needing addons. Nothing breaks, everything loads fine and you don't have to go poor extension development conflict hunting every two days. Alot to be said about arriving late to the party but being the best at it. Fx is playing catchup right now and not all that well.
But do you have addons /builtins like NS ,ABP ,FlashGot etc which could make life a little easier ,safer...
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

As for the need of F3 to release 4 versions in 2-4 weeks, I don't recall it, because I made the personal choice to stick with the last version of F2, and so, no updates.
Which could also mean that the same or similar vulnerabilities exist for FF2, yet there will be NO fix forthcoming, thereby leaving you vulnerable.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

therube wrote:
As for the need of F3 to release 4 versions in 2-4 weeks, I don't recall it, because I made the personal choice to stick with the last version of F2, and so, no updates.
Which could also mean that the same or similar vulnerabilities exist for FF2, yet there will be NO fix forthcoming, thereby leaving you vulnerable.
I'm aware of that and made a conscious choice, relying on other security tools, just as you posted elsewhere that you do not use any anti-virus sw, and run "naked" (sic). You are leaving yourself vulnerable, aren't you?

I didn't criticize you. I assumed that you knew what you were doing when you made that conscious choice, and that you've satisfied yourself that you have sufficient security measures in place.
nagan wrote:But do you have addons /builtins like NS ,ABP ,FlashGot etc which could make life a little easier ,safer..
Ditto that. What does IE have to equal those specifically, and that capability in general?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US at an expert level; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 diehard
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Maybe there is a general lack of knowledge about IE's capabilities, but IE8 DOES indeed have extensibility through addons that can be developed for it, just like Fx with the difference that most of the tools in certain categories, such as security or direct disk access tools, are personally vetted and certified by M$ rather than just left to the community to handle like AMO's very loose protocols. Granted M$ certified rarely means squat but at least they have vetted the code as being benign by acceptable standards that THEY operate and most of us use M$ tools without much risk. Anyway, as far as I am concerned I will never use IE8 as my primary but the fact that Fx is going down the same path as Netscape, leads me to the conclusion that they have either forgotten their original principle for Fx or they are just at a point where complacency has set in and no one cares anymore. Again, a problem with OSS that once the community is done caring or stops putting in the effort, the project goes to hell because they have nothing vested in it; therefor no motivation to make it the best, the whole, I am doing it for free mentality of take it or leave it.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11