Schedle a Download using Flashgot and aria2?

Ask for help about FlashGot, no registration needed to post
John_Poot

Schedle a Download using Flashgot and aria2?

Post by John_Poot »

Hello troops - hope this questions hasn't appeared too recently.
I'm trying to schedule my downloads into an off-peak period my ISP deems to be a Good Thing.
Flashgot seems to not have such a facility.
I'm told aria2 does, though using flashgot with aria2 simply goes and nails the file I want downloaded, right about NOW.

This is most perturbing.
I'm guessing I need to force Flashgot to to feed aria2 a command line that calls or otherwise presents a calendar for me to play with.

Can anyone assist with a successful ploy to make this delayed download thing work for me?

Alternatively a Linux program that does manage to present a time of download start option would assist. I've waded through many project sites and so far can't seem to find a download manager that simply does this deed.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009020911 Linux Mint/5 (Elyssa) Firefox/3.0.7
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Schedle a Download using Flashgot and aria2?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Free Download Manager features a pretty flexible scheduler, and it's supported by FlashGot through Wine.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
John_poot

Post by John_poot »

G.
Thanks for the idea there.
I don't use Wine to this point, so I'm a tad shy of getting it up and running on what may be a permanent basis - or at least when I'm likely to download stuff.
Is this what I'd have to do, or are there libraries that will be called whenever Flashgot has a download request to run via the preselected proggie?
I noticed that Wget has a "w" parameter - for wait in seconds - and it can be used from the command line with hours minutes suffixes.
Wouldn't it be nice if the Flashgot gui were to include such a trick and present it whenever a download request was made :-)
Dream on - moi.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009020911 Linux Mint/5 (Elyssa) Firefox/3.0.7
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

John_poot wrote:I'm a tad shy of getting it up and running on what may be a permanent basis.
Wine would be called only at Firefox startup, to detect the installed download managers, and when a download needs to be sent to FDM.

However, if you're geeky enough, you could write a shell script collecting the URLs (and related parameters) sent by FlashGot in some file or db, then call wget at the desired time using cron and feed it with the previously stored data.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)