[Resolved] Extra option on URL to clipboard

Bug reports and enhancement requests
Munkiiedude

[Resolved] Extra option on URL to clipboard

Post by Munkiiedude »

Greetings,

I love watching streaming videos as I don't need to download videos from any sites.

Ever since the updates of Adobe Flash Player kept the CPU running high, I usually choose to watch the videos, for example from Youtube, I had a tiny app to convert the link to direct video link to watch it on Media Player Classic, which is awesome. But the app only supports Youtube.

So I was thinking how could I grab the video link and stream it on Media Player Classic, but still I don't find any add ons for Firefox, or userscripts for Greasemonkey. Somehow I found a way, once the video was playing, the flashgot icon which I placed on activity bar of Firefox that is blinking, download it, from the download window, I choose to copy the URL, and then open Media Player Classic, paste the link and the video played in stream.

My point is, if the developer of flashgot can provide an extra option, which is from the flashgot icon, able to copy the URL of the video which is grabbed, without the hassle of start downloading then copy the URL method.

I hope this can be done because I am a big fan of flashgot, and I supposed anyone around this world would think the same as I do, watching videos streamed to any external players.

Thanks!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Extra option on URL to clipboard

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I already suggested this option months ago and has been already implemented. To copy the URL instead of starting the download, just your right click on the item instead of your regular mouse click and it will copy the link to the clipboard.

Code: Select all

v 1.5.4
=====================================================
+ [Media] Right-clicking any URL in the Media menu
  copies it to clipboard (thanks GµårÐïåñ for RFE)
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.2.0 Safari/537.31
Munkiiedude

Post by Munkiiedude »

I saw the changelog. So I made some test but I don't see how it copies the URL to clipboard after right clicking. Yet it mention right clicking on any URL in Media Menu, like which one? Any example of screenshots?

For example, I open this link, and then where should I right click? On the flash video object? On the context menu? On the flashgot icon?

Please explain how to use the function implemented. Thanks.
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Right-click on the FlashGot Media icon (which will only show after you have started playback, & assuming that FlashGot Media finds the media).

URL to your movshare link?

Yes that should work just fine.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.19a2
Munkiiedude

Post by Munkiiedude »

I already made the test and it seems not working, I tried to right-click the flashgot icon shown below the browser and couldn't paste the link on notepad.

How does the right-click copied on clipboard works then?
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Actually it is not a right-click on the FlashGot media icon.

Once the FlashGot media icon appears, if you right-click on the icon it displays the media information. (That could be one or more items.)

If you then move the mouse over top the item (or a particular item), then click the right-mouse button, it will copy the URL to the clipboard.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.19a2
Munkiiedude

Post by Munkiiedude »

oh ok now i get it. it really works while tried to paste on notepad.

thanks, appreciate your help alot!