Noscript - for business networks

Ask for help about NoScript, no registration needed to post
dubba

Noscript - for business networks

Post by dubba »

NoScript is the coolest, easiest and the best extension for Firefox - a real boon to all parents in particular. Helps make Internet a bit safer place for kids.

I don't know if it is possible, but I was wondering if this extension can be used in businesses, like at a firewall level or even at a server level, where it can be configured for all computers on the network.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

DK
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Noscript - for business networks

Post by Giorgio Maone »

dubba wrote: I was wondering if this extension can be used in businesses, like at a firewall level or even at a server level, where it can be configured for all computers on the network.
There's a plan for an "Enterprise edition", with centralized configuration (i.e. the administrator configure his "Administration box" and users in the network get synchronized with this configuration, possibly locked so they cannot loosen it).
In the meanwhile, the best you can do is using the Import/Export features in NoScript Options|Whitelist and/or configuration locking.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
dubba

Post by dubba »

Wow ! Thanks for a super fast and great response ! - One more reason to add to the fast growing list of very good reasons to fall in love with NoScript.

I truly appreciate all your time and efforts.

Thanks again.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

Giorgio and the other power-users here will spoil you with their response times. You will then be unhappy with every other support site, especially for non-freeware. My experience has been that the more you pay for sw, the slower the tech support response. Welcome to the best!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

dubba wrote:Wow ! Thanks for a super fast and great response ! - One more reason to add to the fast growing list of very good reasons to fall in love with NoScript.

I truly appreciate all your time and efforts.

Thanks again.
Yeah he beat me to it, which is not hard to do as I am constantly moving around and miss posts until they are too late for me to be useful. Just wanted to say that although I am anxiously (salivating) waiting for the Enterprise Edition, I have seen it used and updates pushed using AD policies and scripting at a few business environments that use it religiously (I can take credit for introducing the concept to two of them) but it happens alot even in its current form, so its definitely a great tool and has a great potential.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7