[IMPLEMENTED] RFE: Rt-Clk copies detected links to clipboard

Bug reports and enhancement requests
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

[IMPLEMENTED] RFE: Rt-Clk copies detected links to clipboard

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio, I asked for this a long time ago through email and much was going on with you and everything, so I didn't push it but I have come to notice the need for this option a lot more than before for reasons I will explain and would like to see it implemented. It should not be a difficult thing to do and it should not require a whole lot of coding either.

When you are on a video page and FG detects the video, it shows that flashing film icon and when you click on it, it sends it to the downloader, fine. When you right lick on it, you can see the individual links, fine. But in the right click mode when you either click or right-click it sends it to the downloader and I want to ask that while allowing the regular click to send it to the downloader, to code the right-click to send the link of that item to the clipboard instead of launching the downloader for it.

This is specially helpful when you are on a page that has multiple bitrates available and FG only sees the first one and you want to be able to paste the link, change the bitrate variable and get the higher bitrate downloaded instead. Right now FG doesn't see all the different available bitrates, for which I have sent you countless sample links, and it won't copy but rather launches the download, which means you have to initialize the download, THEN copy the link from that, stop the download, paste and modify and so on to get the higher bitrate. As you can see, the link being copied to clipboard would facilitate the need for the extra steps without making it impossibly and mind numbingly complex.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
therube
Ambassador

Re: RFE: Right-Click copies detected links to clipboard

Post by therube »

Not what you want, but an alternative, "To FILE".

Otherwise I see no problem with the RFE.
Suppose you'd want the individual entry rather then (the possible) list sent to the clipboard?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0 SeaMonkey/2.17a2
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Yah, that method is great for creating batch lists to import into a downloader but would be cumbersome for my particular request still. I am specifically interested in getting a specific item's path in the download list that shows up and not the whole list of stuff.
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Putting in my TODO list, thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Done in latest development build 1.5.4rc1, thanks.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Thank you sir, will give it a whirl.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Sorry for the delay but I finally found time to test it extensively and it works beautifully, thank you for the implementation brother. Until such time as we get FlashGot to detect ALL the different bitrates of the videos, this is a much more efficient and expedited way of grabbing the links and modifying the URL to the higher bitrate and having it force detected and downloading. Thank you.