FF hanging at address bar.

General discussion about the NoScript extension for Firefox
nagan

FF hanging at address bar.

Post by nagan »

I usually do copy and paste addresses for "certain" forum sites from a text file. Since the past 1 week I find for certain addresses FF shortly hangs.In the meantime clicking on the adjacent tab gives a FF not responding at the Title bar.This happens for a very short time though.Also sometimes on selection from bookmarks or manually entering the address gives such a event. :roll: :roll:

Sometimes I get this sort of a message even for a popular site like yahoo.
[img][IMG]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7425/yahooerror.th.jpg[/img][/img]
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
therube
Ambassador

Re: FF hanging at address bar.

Post by therube »

And if you disable NoScript, does the problem persist?

Do the particular URLs have Flash. Flash can be particularly resource intensive. And if combined with a lower end computer, you could have high CPU usage spikes for a period of time, & during that time, Mozilla would appear unresponsive.

(PS: If you open the text file in a text editor that understands "URLs", you could click the links rather then needing to copy/paste. Here's a small one, Win32Pad.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090303 SeaMonkey/1.1.15
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

nagan, it looks from the error image you posted that you are trying to load a jar file which is Java and that also has a very heavy resource toll and starts up pretty slow as well. So if the lag is loading java embedded files, then that is one of the reasons you are seeing a lag, its the time it takes to load the Java rendering engine and it CAN take a noticeable while.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

@GµårÐïåñ: In this case, the .JAR file is not related to Java. See, Mozilla JAR Packaging.

@nagan: See if something in this thread helps, Jar:File not found error.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.21) Gecko/20090303 SeaMonkey/1.1.15
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

therube wrote:@GµårÐïåñ: In this case, the .JAR file is not related to Java. See, Mozilla JAR Packaging.
Yeah I noticed that afterwards :oops: , sorry, I had to jump through some hoops to get to the image and when I did, the glance missed it. I also noticed that its using a local path as well, which means its being loaded from an application, say Trillian, that uses local authentication to log into the webmail portion. I am not sure if that's the case here but just saying. :|
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

OK, I took a closer look at your screenshot.
Looks like something (not NoScript) is trying to load the regional settings for en-GB (British English) suffixed with the domain you typed in the location bar (the JAR is from Firefox's own installation).
The most likely culprit is an extension (again, surely not NoScript). Your best chance to find it is Standard Diagnostic.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)