O/T debate from "CNN Videos Do Not Play"

The battleground for flame wars, off-topic derailments and spurious madness.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

O/T debate from "CNN Videos Do Not Play"

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Puzzled Once Again wrote:Ignoring the implied "threat" in the previous message in the thread...
As promised, wherein please read "threatened,"...
What threat? If you are going to imply there was one, at least have the balls to say what it was.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
world is a vampire and browsers are zombies and users are the virus
Puzzled Once Again

Re: CNN Videos Do Not Play

Post by Puzzled Once Again »

"I am not against you guys discussing it, go for it, beat it to death all you want, I am all for it, just worried that it will simply create undue frustration and resentment for no good reason, that's all." That can easily be read as an implied, if not implicit, threat, wherein you clearly indicated that you feel it to be a bad idea for those of us who continue to report that which they are finding to so do.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0 ZemanaAID/FFFF009F
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

I think that GµårÐïåñ's point was that trying to resolve this issue will lead only to Image
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Puzzled Once Again wrote:"I am not against you guys discussing it, go for it, beat it to death all you want, I am all for it, just worried that it will simply create undue frustration and resentment for no good reason, that's all." That can easily be read as an implied, if not implicit, threat, wherein you clearly indicated that you feel it to be a bad idea for those of us who continue to report that which they are finding to so do.
Are you kidding me? In what universe does that even come in the same galaxy as a threat? I am saying you might work yourself into a frustrated state over something and feel resentment over the aggravation when you could avoid the headache. How is that concern for your state of mind a freaking threat? You need to either read more or get a lesson in reading comprehension. I will stop there before I say something I will REALLY regret. Ask anyone, if I threatened you, you would know it. I say what I mean and mean what I say, I don't have to imply squat.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (world is a vampire) Gecko/99999999 (browsers are zombies) AntidoteXXX (users are the virus)
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

Parts of this thread are in danger of needing to go to Ragnarok...

I can vouch for the fact that GµårÐïåñ is forthright and direct, but rarely intends to threaten anyone - and I'm sure you'd know if he did.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Post by Tom T. »

Thrawn wrote:Parts of this thread are in danger of needing to go to Ragnarok....
Agreed. Will do.
Let's stay on topic, please. :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:16.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0.1