Can the bitrate information added in?

Bug reports and enhancement requests
nagan

Can the bitrate information added in?

Post by nagan »

In the flashing icon >> right click the file sizes are available. Is there a choice of getting the bitrate too. Exceptionally good videos can be downloaded at higher rates.
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
You are GOD.Realize THAT!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Re: Can the bitrate information added in?

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Higher bitrate = larger filesize, or am I missing something?
nagan

Post by nagan »

Giorgio Maone wrote:Higher bitrate = larger filesize, or am I missing something?
Ah! just as you are online.. I have attached a links of the info a file from youtube , a competitor and FG gives. Whereas there is only one 11mb size file shown in FG right click , the other one gives a lot of choices. Even I downloaded the mobile version of the file at 2 mb and is working fine but less clear.

EDIT Tried to replace full images with thumbnails
Last edited by nagan on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dreams are REAL possibilities. Pursue them with zest and you can make them HAPPEN!
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

OK, rather than intercepting the HTTP traffic as it happen (a generic method which works with any HTTP-based stream, not just Youtube), they use a Youtube-specific approach which scans the page for alternate sizes.

I guess I can add something like this to FlashGot Media sooner or later, it's just that it has to be Youtube-specific while so far FlashGot Media has been more or less site-agnostic.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio, not exactly like this case, but if you recall I wrote you an email about something like regarding another site too, so as neutral as it is, the fact is that FG doesn't detect all possible bitrates, just whatever comes up first. You never responded to my email, so I am never even sure if you get them or got them or even read them, but its not that off the wall of a request.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
nagan

Post by nagan »

Might be if it is user interfaced (OPTIONs) a user can ask FG to scan sites which he may suspect to hold more sizes/types of the same video.
By the way Giorgio I tried to replace the full images (2 Nos) with thumbnails and the post gets interrupted with an antispam message. Could get thru only one image..
therube
Ambassador

Post by therube »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball NoScript FlashGot AdblockPlus
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0 SeaMonkey/2.14a2
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Not relevant here. In youtube you can change bitrate and it causes detection of the new media, its not always the case with sites that don't provide an interface for changing the bitrate but have them available none the less.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1
Giorgio Maone
Site Admin

Post by Giorgio Maone »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:
Not relevant here.
True, but on the other hand I guess I could adapt some of the tricks in the bookmarklet to "guess" the alternative bitrates information, so thanks therube.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Giorgio Maone wrote:True, but on the other hand I guess I could adapt some of the tricks in the bookmarklet to "guess" the alternative bitrates information, so thanks therube.
Glad you like what therube said (actually just linked) but as I pointed out in the email I sent you, which I never heard back, so not sure if you even read it, I sent you an example of a link where because the bitrate is included in the path, its a dead giveaway that other bitrates are availabe and so a quick script to for loop incrementation and ping until you hit a value that goes 404, then you have all the variable bitrates that did respond, and voila, you got a list of all rates available. That's how I have been doing it manually using a GM on those sites to trick FG into detecting them. For someone like YOU, it should be a cake walk.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0