Making forum rules & guidelines more visible

Discussion about the board itself, forums organization and site bugs.
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Making forum rules & guidelines more visible

Post by Thrawn »

The forum rules & guidelines topic appears at the top of each forum, but not on the board index page, and also not if you click on eg the 'NoScript' category to get a summary of all NoScript boards & topics. Is it possible to make it appear in these places too? If it appeared as soon as you arrived at the index page, then maybe some greater percentage of potential posters would read it...being optimistic here ;).
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Tom T.
Field Marshal

Re: Making forum rules & guidelines more visible

Post by Tom T. »

Sorry for the late reply.

This has been suggested to Giorgio -- you might imagine where my feelings lay -- but IIRC his concerns were both cluttering and filling up the Index page to the point that (more) scrolling would be required.

IDK why they are not in the major sub-forum categories as you suggested.

One other idea, which I think might have made it onto the TODO list, was to consolidate many of the NS Stickies, Guides, etc. into a single major, visible sub-forum or topic, something like "Tips, Tricks, and Answers: Sticky Posts On Many Common Topics" or ... something. The idea being to reduce scrolling inside the NS forums, although actually they may be seen by more as-is, rather than introduce another layer of drilling.

However, with the NS 3.0a and MZ's repeated breaking of Fx with every new release, :evil: I'm sure it's understandable to all of us that the TODO list has far higher priorities, and probably will for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your interest, and please do feel free to point users to rules, stickies, etc. when appropriate. :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0