You too can become a beta Firefox User!

General discussion about web technology.
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: You too can become a beta Firefox User!

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I have said for a long time that Firefox has become a lame browser, bloated, slow, buggy and plain old dump now. The ONLY reason I stay with it is NoScript and as soon as there is a functional NoScript for Chrome, I am taking my custom built open source Chromium source, which is already far more secure than Google Chrome or the original Chromium build and even Firefox, installing NoScript on it, dumping Firefox and never looking back. At least with IE I knew it sucked when I dumped it, Firefox is like that friend who comes up to you, gains your trust and then guts you, I will dump it with much more passion than IE. Hell I will forgive and use IE before Firefox if my life depended on it. Just waiting for NoScript to port over and even in the meantime, my use of Firefox has been cut by more than 70% becoming a very small portion of my usage.
~.:[ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]:.~
________________ .: [ Major Mike's ] :. ________________
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:...as soon as there is a functional NoScript for Chrome, I am taking my custom built open source Chromium source, which is already far more secure than Google Chrome or the original Chromium build and even Firefox, installing NoScript on it, dumping Firefox and never looking back.
Where is it available? I'll be interested, too.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.1) Gecko/20120516 Firefox/12.1 PaleMoon/12.1
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

Currently being worked over in private alpha and if/when there is a workable and satisfactorily secure port that can do what is wanted, then it will be made public, but in the meantime its more of a POC and getting the whole environment, coding and so on setup, so nothing that can be released or shared.
Thrawn
Master Bug Buster

Post by Thrawn »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:Currently being worked over in private alpha and if/when there is a workable and satisfactorily secure port that can do what is wanted, then it will be made public, but in the meantime its more of a POC and getting the whole environment, coding and so on setup, so nothing that can be released or shared.
I'll watch this space, then.

What kind of security enhancements are you targeting? Bug fixes, or eg integrating NoScript features? One that I'd love to see is a configurable warning before allowing cross-site requests to domains that have set cookies, similar to the 'Ask me every time' dialog box for cookies.
======
Thrawn
------------
Religion is not the opium of the masses. Daily life is the opium of the masses.

True religion, which dares to acknowledge death and challenge the way we live, is an attempt to wake up.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-gb; GT-S5570 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1
GµårÐïåñ
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

You can send me a PM and I can keep you updated. The NS project on Fx will continue as-is and will for all intents and purposes be the flagship project. The limitations of the Chrome OS had left the ability to port over NS dodgy and unlikely at best but several APIs emerged in the late builds that gave hope that "something" might be doable, hence the stage we are now, working on getting that set up. Giorgio has said until he gets the environment, coding and API specs, the code setup and so on going, he won't release it publicly but once something has been cobbled together that can be reasonably tested, it will be shared.